Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

29 November 2016

❤❤KADENCE by Anne Mecier 3 star review ❤❤

My rating: 3-3.25 of 5 stars

Sometimes you find family where you least expect it...


When bass guitarist Jace Warner receives an urgent message from his high school sweetheart to come home, the rocker drops what he's doing to get there. Finding out that his first love, the girl that stole his heart, is dying isn't the biggest shock he receives. The bad boy rocker has a child, and now, he's about to be her only living parent. 


After bonding with Kadence, his 6-year-old daughter, Jace knows there's only one thing he wants to be--a father.  But that's not going to be as easy as it seems.  Social worker, Summer Stephens doesn't deem Jace's lifestyle fit for parenting.  She believes the stereotypes about rockers--that their lives are all about sex, drugs, and rock & roll. 


Now it's up to Jace to convince Summer that Kadence is right where she belongs--at home with him at CFD. He's facing a fierce battle trying to prove there's room in his life for music and the daughter he wants to share it all with.  


Will Summer realize that home is where you make it, and if she looks close enough, she just might see a family for herself?







*arc received for an honest and unbiased review*

this book started with absolute heartbreak. I mean, chapter after chapter of your heart ripping out and shattering on the floor. and tears. lots of tears.

then in walks summer. this is where it gets a little off for me. I've never read Anne before, so all these characters were new to me. I felt like I kind of needed to read previous stories to understand who was who and things they could "do".

in the beginning of the book, Jace made it sound like Sydney was the love of his life. it wasn't discussed like it was a teen love , it was laid out like he never got over her. six years later he still loved her, she was his breath , his dream, his everything. but then summer came along and suddenly that changed. and I mean suddenly. and that kind of threw me off. then the last letter he signed love you always , your husband. and that felt odd to me. he just professed his love and is planning a life with summer. I didn't like it. didn't fit.

then there's this discussion where one of the guys tells Summer to come clean because when Jace finds out who she is, she shit will hit the fan. of course, she refuses. but I feel like when the truth came out, he was pissed for like two minutes. shit didn't really hit the fan. I expected more. I was like, was that it? okay. cool.

I loved the Kadence aspect of the story. she brings a very heartfelt aspect to the story. something almost anyone can get the feels about and how could you not. all these big rockers doting on this little girl. it was adorable.

the only other thing that threw me off was the flowers, the mojo, and the puff. that was .... interesting.

all in all a good book. I'm glad I got to read it.




~~GET YOUR COPY TODAY~~

~OTHER BOOKS IN THE SERIES~

No comments:

Post a Comment