Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

05 October 2018

❤❤ DISCREET by Nicole French Review ❤❤ @authornicolefrench




Fitz Baker was the world’s biggest sex symbol. Until he disappeared. 

Fed up with the trappings of fame, he traded his world of Hollywood for a quiet life on Newman Lake. He was perfectly happy living as an island. Until he met her. 

Returning home with nothing but a failed music career, all Maggie Sharp wants is to rebuild her life. A life that doesn’t involve the surly, arrogant stranger now living across the lake. 

Still, there’s something about Will…something familiar. Something Maggie can’t quite put her finger on… 

She only wanted the spotlight.
He gave up his life to escape it.
The real question is if they can remain discreet.






Oh Will and Maggie. ooooooooooooooooh WILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL and Maggggggggggggggieeeeeeeeeee.

These two. These two deliciously scarred souls . These two puzzle pieces that have never met someone who fits better. These two. What shall we do with them ? There was so much about these two that I absolutely loved. From the secrecy of who Will really was for so long, but yet Maggie is so drawn to him. She may be one of the very very few who really gets to know Will for who he is personally, not publicly. Not that she really knew. But, if we're really honest when reading this..it took Maggie a while, and it was only little by little, that she really showed Will who she was too. What happened to her. Where she grew up. How she grew up. What she was running from, etc.  Once these two touched,  it was like a firecracker. Once these two started to open up and peel back the layer...THE SPARKS WERE IGNITED. Stick a fork in them, their done. Gone for each other. well, not instalove, but the attraction, the need, it's thereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. And ladies...Beard. Need I say more? Okay okay, I will.. how about ..MAN.. BUN..




and since we have fireworks, you know what else we have???? JEALOUSY. from everywhere . And honestly, I think some of it was even from her mom. She may not have outright said it, but her actions said more than anything .



Speaking of mom...can we discuss her battle with the disease ? Because, let's be honest here. That' what it is. And it's not something that, in reality, ever affects just the person drinking, does it? Addiction always affects every one closest to you. And Nicole did an amazing job of bringing that reality to the forefront in the most honest of ways. Showing how it not only can tear down the addicted, but those closest to them. how they battle, not with the addiction, but with the aftermath. also, with making decisions to ensure they don't ever follow the same path. I feel like with Nicole's writing she does this a lot. She finds a topic that is so realistic, something people battle with all the time, and she incorporates it into her stories in the most realistic of ways.


And as always, we have our villains. He who shall not be named, Lindsay, and to me... her mom. As much as I hate to say it, in an odd way, she was a villain to me. Hate me later LOL.  I don't really want to touch on Theo.. I feel like if I get started, I will never stop. Kind of like how he never stopped texting her. Flower my ass... I flower you buddy. As you can tell, I have deep seated anger toward this character...DEEP...SEATED...ANGER


But for real. Can we discuss her pet name? i swear every single time he used it, even if it was after he was an ass, i just melted. I love pet names. and not just babe, sweetheart or stuff like that . But a true pet name, where only you and the other person know the significance of the name... gah. Straight to the feels for me! And I'm gonna be honest here. There are times Will is an ass. Most of it uncalled for. Did i understand why? yup. Did I like it? Absolutely not. Since we're sticking with how I really felt, I kind of felt like she forgave him so quickly each time. But.. I'm hardheaded. I wanna see you work for it. But... technically Will did work. shirtless.... you're welcome . With that being said, he is a jerk, a lot. But.. when he's Will. When he's here Will. When he's not in his head and stressing and worrying, and he's hers... ladies, he's HERS. And you. will. melt.



Now, by reading the synopsis you may have picked up that this is a duet. What do I hate? Cliffhangers. You know, I've discussed this before. They kill me. Partly because there's a right way to do them, but also because I have NO PATIENCE. So... warning..this one has a bit of a cliffhanger. A jaw dropper really. A reality check. Because, nothing can stay hidden forever.



Fellow book lovers... I CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU TO READ THIS AND TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS!



Now RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN and get your copy today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment