Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

31 August 2016

❤❤ 5 star Audio Review of MYSTERY MAN by Kristen Ashley ❤❤

My rating: 5 of 5 stars




Night time is the right time...


Gwendolyn Kidd has met the man of her dreams. He's hot, he's sexy, and what started as a no-names-exchanged night of passion has blossomed into a year and a half-long pleasure fest. Sure, it's a little strange that he only appears in her bed at night, but Gwen is so sure he's the one, she just can't turn him away.

Hawk Delgado knows more about Gwen than she could ever imagine. She's gorgeous, headstrong, and skittish about relationships. But Hawk is facing his own demons, demons that keep him from connecting with anyone. Yet when Gwen is drawn into Denver's lethal underground scene, Hawk's protective nature comes out full force. The problem is, when Gwen gets a dose of Hawk's Alpha attitude in the daylight, she's not so sure he's the one anymore.


This was my first go around with Hawke, our big MM. I started with Motorcycle Man, because hello.. Tack. But now I know the background with Gwen and Tack .. and Hawk. And now I'm sitting here thinking... WHAT THE HELL ELSE HAVE I MISSED OUT ON?!?!

Gwen and Hawk. Hawk and Gwen. Now first.. let me start with this.. Yes, I did find it completely odd that a year and a half passed and she didn't even know his name. Alpha or not. Sex God or not. I found it weird. I think it quite possibly was the one thing i didn't like about the book. I didn't understand it. I don't care what he can do to you in the dark of the night, you didn't know his freaking name. It's weird. Now, with that being said, let's carry on to our regularly scheduled review...

Gwen and Hawk. Gwen and Mitch. Gwen and Tack. . who's it going to be? Who's the lucky man. I mean they were hot as all get out and coming at her from all angles. So many to choose from and she was completely oblivious to it the whole time. Which Hawk even points out to her.. more than once. But, it can be said that it's because she only had eyes for him. Just as apparently he only had eyes for her.

I will say this . Kristen Ashley knows how to freaking write alpha males. And not just an alpha male either. She knows how to write steam, and angst, and drama, and craziness, and intense connections and tie this all up in one beautiful little bow called a novel. It's enthralling. It's addicting. It's captivating. It's ... LIKE A DRUG. It's perfection. No one does Alpha love stories like KA.

Now with all that being said, let me put the cherry on top. This narrator was AMAZING. she did so many different tones of her voice for all the characters and she nailed every single one. When the girls were together she had me laughing with the way she brought them to life. When Gwen and Hawke were together, she had me fanning my face with how she would go all low grumbly alpha. She was hands down one of the best narrators I've ever heard. 

5 bad ass world stars



~~ Get your copy today ~~
Audible // Amazon US  // BAM //  iBooks 
// B&N // Google Play //  Kobo



THE SERIES

No comments:

Post a Comment