Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

07 August 2017

❤ Forbidden by Jodi Ellen Malpas 4 star review❤





What do you do when you can't control your feelings for someone? When you know you shouldn't go there? Not even in your head. 

Annie has never experienced the 'spark' with a guy-the kind of instant chemistry that steals your breath and blindsides you completely. Until a night out with friends brings her face to face with the wickedly sexy and mysterious Jack. It's not just a spark that ignites between them. It's an explosion. Jack promises to consume Annie, and he fully delivers on that promise.



Overwhelmed by the intensity of their one night together, Annie slips out of their hotel room. She is certain that a man who's had such a powerful impact on her and who could bend her to his will so easily, must be dangerous. But she's already in too deep. And Jack isn't only dangerous. He is forbidden.
🇺🇸
Amazon ➡️ bit.ly/TF-Amz-US
iBooks ➡️ bit.ly/TF-iBooks
Kobo ➡️ bit.ly/TF-US-Kobo
Nook ➡️ bit.ly/TF-US-Nook
Audible ➡️ bit.ly/TF-US-Aud
Google ➡️ bit.ly/TF-US-Google
🇬🇧
Amazon ➡️ bit.ly/TF-Amz-UK
iBooks ➡️ bit.ly/TF-iBooks
Kobo ➡️ bit.ly/TF-UK-Kobo
🇨🇦 Amazon ➡️ bit.ly/TF-CA
🇦🇺 Amazon ➡️ bit.ly/TF-AUS


*ARC provided for an honest and unbiased review*

I'm going to start this review by saying if cheating is a hot button for you, if it's a dead zone, a no go, don't buy this book. But if it's a gray zone. I encourage you to give this one a try.
I'll start by saying through a large majority of this book I teetered on liking jack, then thinking he was a selfish ass. I would go back and forth , back and forth, back and forth. Every time Stephanie showed up, or did something, or he showed up marked up, I'd flip to thinking he's selfish and not understanding. Why not just leave ? Even after his explanation I still questioned why? It wasn't enough for me. So I went back to not liking him much, but then he would find some way, say something and redeem himself. And I felt like through so much of the book, this is how I reacted. Flip. Flop. Flip. Flop.
And Annie. I never thought I would say this about another woman, the other woman, but I actually liked her, felt for her, sided with her. And my heart broke for her so many times. Her struggles with what she was doing , her feelings, what people would say. But also, I can't imagine trying to hide loving someone that much. Hiding it from your friend, family, your life. Only getting pieces in time with them.
"Jack was never really forbidden. Because he was always mine. And I was always his. Even before we knew it. Even before we found each other."
Can you imagine trying to hide feeling like that about someone and not getting to share your life with them. Now let's talk the cheating aspect. When reading this book, I did have to keep reminding myself it's fictional. It's not real. And I think if you're going to read this, if you're going to give this love story a chance, you need to step back and keep that in mind. A lot of people can't read books with this topic, but if you can keep an open mind, and remove your hatred of that type of a scenario from your mind, you might actually enjoy this story.
It did take me some time to read this book. For me, it wasn't as captivating as This Man. If you're expecting that alpha, blow your mind Jesse Ward, you're not going to find that here. Does Jack have his own pieces of his character that you will love and find hot? Of course. But he also has some major flaws too. He's weak. So weak when this story starts. Not only weak for Annie, but weak when it came to his marriage. When it came to Stephanie . But to me, he got a lot stronger as he spent more time with Annie. As his love grew. As their relationship grew deeper, it gave him the strength he was always missing.
I know this is going to be a hot button read for a lot of people, but honestly. I liked it.



No comments:

Post a Comment