Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

20 September 2017

❤ My review of the HOLLYWOOD DIRTY movie on Passionflix ❤ @passionflix





Cole Masten. Abandoned by his superstar wife, Hollywood’s Perfect Husband is now Hollywood’s Sexiest Bachelor: partying hard and screwing even harder. Summer Jenkins. That’s me, a small town girl stuck in Quincy, Georgia. I cook some mean chicken and dumplins, can bluff a grown man out of his savings in poker, and was voted Most Friendly my senior year. We were from different worlds. Our lives shouldn’t have collided. But then Cole Masten read a book about my small town. And six months later, his jet landed on our dusty airstrip, and he brought Hollywood with him. From the start, I knew he was trouble. For our town. And for me. Sometimes, opposites just aren’t meant to attract.







I am going to start this by saying I don't remember reading Hollywood Dirt. Now that's not to say I didn't like it or think Alessandra's book wasn't amazing, it just means my memory sucks.  I didn't read it before the movie released, and with reading so many books (and life in general), the books all start to blur together. So watching this was like starting fresh. So we'll say that with this,  it's like I'm a newbie to the Hollywood Dirt storyline. Fresh eyes. 

Alright.. so let's dig in!



First things first let's discuss the storyline. To me, with this being a book adaption, it could have left a  lot out and left you scratching your head. It could have really messed with the flow of the plot line if they just included all the major parts of the book and not the little things. Because let's be honest, in books, most of the time, it's the little things that make the book so special to us. So I was worried, was this going to come off as a cheesy Hallmark B level knock off or a solid stand alone feature film? 

And I am so so happy to say, in my opinion, as a solid stand alone feature film. Honestly, who doesn't tune in to Hallmark for their cheesy love stories? With Passionflix's version of Hollywood Dirt, I can tell you, this seems like it would stand it's own with some of those Hallmark movies. Coming from me that means a lot, because I am a Hallmark junkie (especially during the holidays).



Now, let's discuss the acting. I'm no Southern Belle, so I can't speak to the accuracy of the twang the actress had. Nor can I speak to the level of scorn the actor had to portray. What I can say is that at times that Southern Twang was a little much, or how she spoke may have flustered me a little... but... the chemistry between these two. YAS! I watched the interview/behind the scenes with Johann and he mentioned being concerned that they portrayed it correctly and really brought it to life, and they did. I don't think that either one of them really had anything to worry about with bringing those emotions out of the characters. Whether it was anger, sexual chemistry, frustration, sadness, both actors did an amazing job.



I am really honestly so surprised and in love with this movie... that I watched it twice. Twice. And I think I may even watch it again. I'm such a sucker for the Happily Ever After we get in our books and I can't stress enough how great it was to see those things as a full length feature film. How wonderfully portrayed, created, ... whatever word you want to use. Just, how happy it makes me that Passionflix recognizes such great work and is bringing them to the big screen. I can't wait to see the other book to movie adaptions they create. This is a solid full length feature film. 

If you haven't signed up yet, be sure to do so using the link here --> Sign Up Today

You want to know what I would rate this movie? A solid 4.5 stars



~~~Haven't read the book yet? Get your copy of the book~~~
Amazon US // B&N // ibooks// Kobo 



***All images used in this post are obtained with permission from Passionflix. They own and reserve all rights to the images above. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment