Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

08 November 2016

❤❤ UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT by Sophia Henry 3.5 star review ❤❤




The author of Delayed Penalty returns with the story of a free spirit who believes she’s found forever with a playboy on a singles cruise. Discover why Kelly Jamieson calls the Pilots Hockey series “fun and flirty, warm and sweet.”



Kristen Katsaros wants a life full of adventure and laughter. After a difficult childhood, her motto is to live each day like it’s her last—because it just might be. So when Kristen’s parents send her on a post-grad singles cruise in the Caribbean to meet a Greek husband, she promptly hooks up with the hottest guy she’s ever met. Pasha’s decidedly not Greek, but Kristen gives him a pass because he’s got fun written all over his rock-hard abs.
Pavel Gribov, the cocky playboy of the Detroit Pilots hockey team, can score any girl he wants. But when a teammate drags him on a singles cruise, he can’t resist the chance to help out a drop-dead gorgeous damsel in distress by pretending to be her boyfriend. Before long, the fake fling turns intimate,  fueled by something much deeper than lust.
Kristen and Pasha both agree to walk away once the cruise is over, but reality hits like a slap shot when Kristen finds out Pasha lied about everything. Just when she’s ready to start living again, the two stubborn survivors must decide if they can bear to lose the best thing that ever happened to either of them.




*arc provided by the publisher for an honest review* 

I've read all the Pilots series, because I love them and they way Sophia writes. with that being said, I don't know that Pasha and Kristen were my favorite. I loved seeing the bad boy a-hole actually being a human and not a dick all the time. seeing him have a softer side. a vulnerable side. all only reserved for Kristen. but to me there was some sort of disconnect with the story. I didn't connect to Kristen like I did with the other books. I know she was co Stanley positive and optimistic with her illness, but it was almost forced and too much. and I kind of didn't like her friends.
 

I liked this book because I love the Pilots, Sophia's writing, and seeing the soft side of the bad boy. It wasn't my favorite book in the series, which may have something to do with Kristen's outlook on life, but I still liked it alot. I'm not saying she has a bad outlook, but it seemed like she wasn't as accepting of her disease as she came off. It seemed like to me she portrayed a positive outlook, but really she looked at life kind of negatively. I mean she repeated how many times that she was dying. Everyone is, but she is just dying faster. It started to get a little redundant. 

I think I'll leave it at that. Not my favorite book in the series, but I still liked it. I mean, show me some more adrenaline junkie things to do Pasha! 





~~Get your copy today~~
Amazon // B&N // Kobo // iBooks // Google Play 



~~THE SERIES~~
 

No comments:

Post a Comment