Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

27 March 2017

❤❤WHITE PAWN by Stevie J. Cole 5 STAR REVIEW❤❤

White Pawn

by

Stevie J. Cole




Marisa
This should be a love story. Everything’s in place for it to be. The perfect lines, the perfect souls, but you see, Justin thinks it’s a game. He thinks I’m his pawn, but he couldn’t be more wrong. Every move he makes, I’ll block him. Every time he thinks he’s about to seize me, I’ll run. Some men underestimate the power of the queen because they’re too busy playing king. They forget she’s the most powerful piece on the board. And love is not a game I’m apt at losing.
What will it take for him to realize I’ll never be his pawn, but I’ll happily play his queen?
Justin
She wants a love story. And while I’ve set it up just like I do my own stories, it’s not love I’m after, it’s the chase. Marisa thinks she can outplay me. Even though I’m always one step ahead of her, she keeps me on my toes, which is why don’t underestimate her. Not one bit, but it seems she forgets the game’s not over until the king is dead.
And she’ll never kill me, because I’ll make her love me. And then, checkmate, I win.
Love is not a game, but the chase certainly is.
 


Oh mah gawd. What the hell did I just read? Did I seriously just completely agree with murder for love? Did I just jump off the deep end with Marisa and Justin? Holy shit. Maybe I did.

I love me some cray-cray and this book delivers in spades. Marisa starts the book getting discharged from the mental hospital so we are already off deep in the woods from the get-go. And it just keeps getting better (worse?) from there. Marisa pulls out all the stops in her relentless pursuit of her dream man Justin Wild. She is just one big ball of insane and I love it. I am more than willing to follow her story around because I just can't wait for her to do something even more psyco. In the end, her antics even draw Justin in. 

And the ending. ::stuffs knuckles in mouth:: Perfect. Sometimes I have issues with how books end because they turn out just meh, but this. This book ends so perfect. Marisa gets her perfect Justin Wild ending. I just loved it.

Plus there's blood. Muhahaha. Murder! Stabby stab stab! It's not stuffed full of gore but there is enough to sastify but if it isn't your thing, just warning yah.

I can't forget romance. Sure, Justin is obsessed with the idea of romance and love. Marisa is too. He is focused on the chase and Marisa in the ending. It's not a traditional romance. They both know it. It's better. It's a HEA for two totally lost individuals willing to go the extra mile to chase down their other half.

Basically, if you love a totally psyco woman going after the player and ultimately winning her HEA, you should read this book. 


Purchase here:

Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited): Here



No comments:

Post a Comment