Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

13 October 2017

❤I tried Magnetic Lashes.... here are my thoughts. ❤

So you may have heard about this new thing called Magnetic Lashes. Well, I decided to jump in and give them a try. Now, the first set I saw was on an Instagram ad. They were about $20 for the pair. I himmed and hawed over buying these lashes. So I jumped on trusty Amazon and bought a $10 pair.

 I didn't want to buy the 'expensive' pair until I new how they worked, what they felt like, etc. 

So here is the pair I received. They came in a little circle container with a magnet inside. So each pair stuck to the center. Now, keep in mind how they work. These lashes created a lash-sandwich with your real lashes. A light pair goes on top of your lashes, your real lashes in the middle, another piece on the bottom of your upper lashes. So two pieces for each eye.



The first time I tried to wear them, they were HELL to put on. No joke. I couldn't figure it out. I kept putting an arm across my face, then I couldn't see. I mean, I was getting so frustrated. HOW DO THESE GO ON??? Especially with your non-dominant hand. OY... just be ready. 

 Let's just say, it was an adjustment period. Then there was the face that I could feel them, and I could see a little bit of a shadow in my peripheral vision. Because of this I felt odd. And let's be honest, these lashes are longer than my natural lashes. So I felt like they were Kardashian like lashes. Long story short, there was a brief adjustment period. However, after wearing them twice, I didn't notice them or the shadow any longer. Here's my mug shot on Day 3. 


So now that I feel more comfortable, let me show you what they look like close up. 



And here is where I want to point out just a few things that I don't  like about them. These are very minor, so I overlook this all the time. 
a- They are a straight line. So they aren't flexible with the natural curve of your lash line. This is something I notice. In all the times I've worn them, I've never had one person notice or mention anything. Actually, I get a lot of compliments on them. 
b- You can't get the super close to your lash line like you can with fake glue-on lashes. This is what caused the slight shadow in my peripheral vision. Again, I overlook this because it goes away. 
c- oh, wait.. I don't have one. So yeah, two extremely minor things. And keep in mind, this is the cheap pair. I can't speak to the really good pairs as to whether or not you'll have the same issue. 

So now the true test, I was going out for a moms night out. I was going to rock these. But, and here's the catch, I didn't want them to look overly fake. To me, they do, well because I look at my eyes every day. But.. now looking at this picture, they don't look too bad. 



So, those are my thoughts. Do I like them, you betcha! I love wearing them. Now I put them on with ease. Sometimes I wear just them with no other mascara. Just fake magnetic lashes and some eyeshadow. Now you're wondering what my trick is. How do I get them on so quick? Well, here is a homemade video. I know, it's not the best quality, and it was the end of the night, so excuse my exhausted face. I will share with you my trick. TILT YOUR HEAD BACK. You'll see in the video, it's the first thing I do.  I'm not kidding at all. Rest the top set on top of your lashes. Get them situated where you want them to sit. Then bring the bottom piece up from under your lashes and let them grab each other. I've found this is so much easier. And, start slow. Play a  lot. That's what I did. And now, I put them on easy peasy. 


If you're interested in the set I bought, here's the link -->  http://amzn.to/2kMHCOW







No comments:

Post a Comment