Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

14 October 2017

❤ I tried out StitchFix ❤

Have you heard of this Stitch Fix before? It's the online personal stylist who will pick out clothes and shoes for you, send them to you, and then decide what you want, pay for it, keep it, return the rest. So, I decided to test it out. 




So the first box arrived this week. I was super excited. I mean who isn't excited to get a box of goodies in the mail.  Inside was a pair of shoes, jeans, a t-shirt, long sleeve shirt and cardigan. Sounds good, right? Well, for me jeans are a hard sell. I have a body type that it seems I can never find a good fitting pair of jeans. So I was already nervous. But let's start from the bottom. 

The first thing in the box was the goodie bag of shoes. 




Super cute right? And they were really comfortable! I have wide feet, so I wasn't sure how they would feel, but the worn leather (or whatever it was) had so much give, it made them super comfortable. However, I'm not an ankle bootie type of person. I just don't know how to wear them, or style them, etc. So I moved on to the clothes. 


Striped open cardigan, gray flowy t-shirt and long sleeved floral front blouse, with the jeans . Now I've never heard of any of the brands that were mailed to me. So, I was a bit nervous. With that being said, I did try them all on. I did really like the t-shirt and cardigan together. I really loved the long sleeve shirt. For me, because of my body type, the jeans were just okay. So, the next thing you get is an envelope that has  little post cards on how you can style them, a thank you note, and the price list. 

dun dun dun....

Here we go. Now keep in mind, if you keep everything, you get a discount on them. Which is a good thing, I think . However, for me, I can't spend this kind of money on clothes or shoes. This too, is just not my thing. I could never bring myself to drop this type of money on clothes and I can't do it now either. So while I did like some of the items, I had to return them all. I logged onto the site, logged the return and used the pre-paid postage bag provided by StitchFix to say goodbye to the pretty little garments. 


Now, this obviously may not be for me. But, if you want to sign up for the monthly box to be mailed to you. It'll be like having your own little personal shopper who will drop you love boxes in the mail each month (or whatever cycle you choose), I encourage you to do it. Because, let's be really honest here ladies (or gentlement), everyone deserves to feel pretty. And sometimes, clothes make us feel pretty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment