Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

22 January 2018

❤ FOREVER MY GIRL Movie Review ❤


SO you've seen the trailers, you've seen the hype. Well fellow readers, I saw the movie. And let me tell you. . 
. . 
. . 
. .



It was fabulous. Absolutely spec-tac-u-lar. I was afraid because this wasn't picked up by a huge movie company that it would feel like  a low budget film. Nope, not at all. This was a legit major motion picture and it showed. They didn't cut corners. They didn't make it feel silly. They didn't make the storyline fluffy. They stuck to what we knew in the book, changing up details of course. But they kept with Heidi's idea of her book, her storyline, they just made it their own. And in some way, I'm kind of glad they did. While I loved the book, I loved the movie too, but in it's own way. 

You go in after reading the book, knowing what to expect. And I feel like if they would have word for word stuck with the book, a lot of people would have not liked it. You couldn't have captured Heidi's story the way she relayed it that perfectly on screen and matched it with how good it was. So when they made the changes that they made, while it was still her story, it was kind of their own. Does that make sense? In doing that, I got to fall in love with this story all over again. I got to experience it like I hadn't before. Let's have some real talk right now. The little girl in this movie. MADE . THE. SCENES.  Hands down, this little girl nailed this part. To a T. Was perfect. 

It wasn't only her. Alex Rose and Jessica Rothe, who play Liam and Josie, were those characters. I don't usually picture characters in real life, it's too hard to for me. But I feel like these two are who I would have pictured for the characters. 

Like I said, everything about this was great. I'm so glad that this happened, not only to this story, for for romance novels in general. 

I'm telling you guys, go see this movie. I just might go see it ... again.

Find our more about the movie here
-> http://www.forevermygirlthemovie.com/

And get your tickets here
->https://www.fandango.com/forever-my-girl-202935/movie-times

No comments:

Post a Comment