Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

05 March 2018

❤❤ 4.5 stars of upcoming release MENACE by Laramie Briscoe ❤❤

My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars




Mason “Menace” Harrison


“Single and ready to mingle……”




Those are the words above every picture of almost every female that strikes my interest on this dating app my son talked me into getting. After being a single dad for seventeen years, I’m ready to spread my wings, just not with most of the co-eds who keep hitting on me and calling me daddy.



Now that Caleb’s in his Senior year of high school, I feel like I can let go of the iron-clad control I’ve had on myself without his Mom in our lives. I’ve enjoyed raising him, love the relationship we have, and while he went off the rails for a bit last year, we’re closer than we’ve ever been. He’s got a full ride to the University of Alabama, and I’ve settled into my spot with the Moonshine Task Force.



But my son doesn’t warm my bed, he isn’t someone I can share my dreams with, and he’s not the person I want to grow old with by my side. I’m not sure who that is yet, but the smokin’ hot lady going by the name BeachBum83 definitely has every single bit of my interest.



Karina Holland



“Looking for a good time, maybe more…..”



Those were the lamest words I ever typed in my life, but it was the best I had for the dating app my friend, Violet talked me into joining. I didn’t have any high hopes for myself. As a High School English teacher, I’m sick of pervy Dad’s hitting on me when they come in to discuss their child’s lack of motivation to read the classics and apply themselves.



Until the day Mason Harrison walks into my classroom. I had no idea Caleb’s Dad was the man I met off that dating app who showed me how flexible I really am in the back of his Jeep. Within minutes of the parent/teacher conference he proved the sparks weren’t one-time only when we christened my desk.



Mason and Caleb? They touch a part of my heart that no one’s ever touched before, and when a threat from the past shows up, I prove just how tough I really am.



arc provided for a voluntary, honest, unbiased review.

Menace by Laramie Briscoe releases this week. And 
I really think this might be the best book LB has ever written. From the story line to the love story, to the drama and excitement, to the way our characters connect - it's just a book you will gobble up and not put down til it's over.

I want it all with you, never fucking forget that.

Gah, swoon. I mean, YASSS! I want it all with you too big guy!

This was a one sitting read for me. Being a single mom I related to Menace all to well. Especially to the point where he is thinking that maybe, just maybe, he isn't cut out for dating. I swear it's like LB reached right into my brain and took out all the single parent things I think all the time. Granted my child isn't a teenager, but still. I think these things all these times. So many things he says, the dad, fit the real life mentality of a single parent.

It's not only that part of the storyline that I like so much. It was his relationship with his son. There were so many times that I giggled at their conversations, or just in love with how they interact. The truth in their relationship. Everything that he gave up for his son, even with how young he was. 

Then we have Karina. Surprise Surprise who she was in real life. Not only who she is to Mason, but also to Caleb. How they click. How she loved him so quickly and without pretense. She just did. Without question. And not only that, but who she was when he needed her to be. I think the thing that stuck out the most between Mason and Karina, with me was that she did things he needed without thinking, without being asked, just because he, or Caleb, needed it or wanted it. It was just so easy for them. Some day ladies, that's what I want. Some day...

This book is hot as hell, addicting, and absolutely fabulous.

~~Order your copy today~~





No comments:

Post a Comment