Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

23 November 2014

❤❤ Fighting to Fall by JB Salisbury- 4.5 star Review ❤❤





The toughest fighters aren’t created in the octagon but are born of necessity. When life delivers blow after punishing blow, you fight back or get destroyed.

Eve Dawson has had her fill of bad luck. A string of unhealthy relationships has left her angry, bitter, and frustrated. She’s given up on being happy and settles for content. Swearing off men, she repels advances and makes herself a challenge to even the most persistent suitors. After all, how much can the fragile human heart take? But life isn’t finished with her, and when things can’t possibly get worse . . . they do.

Stay on your feet.

It’s Cameron Kyle’s motto, but with his fighting career ripped from his grasp, a child he wasn’t strong enough to save, and a marriage that even the brawn of a heavyweight couldn’t hold together, it’s getting harder and harder to stay upright. He takes on the position of CEO of the UFL, intent on hiding his biggest weakness in order to forge a path that leads him back into the octagon.

When an old rival mysteriously gets wind of Cameron’s plan to fight again, he comes out of retirement to settle old debts, but secrets, lies, and betrayal threaten to deliver the death-blow. The distraction of a sass-mouthed girl seventeen years his junior is the last thing he needs until a tragic accident shatters the firm foundation of his resolve and he realizes just how far he’s fallen.

Will they risk it all and fight to be together?

Or does defeat lie within the fall? 






I am going to start this review by saying I haven't read the other books in the series. That being said, it didn't impact how I felt about this book in the least. There was a time or two where I wished I knew a story, but never did it stop me from just delving in and being immersed in this story. 

This book starts off with one of the most heartbreaking scenes ever. I mean if you're going to start with a scene like that, you have to deliver the rest of the book on the same level, right? And a lot of times authors can't keep that emotional level going. Well with this book, have no fears, JB delivers and keeps that even emotional level through the whole book. 

I have two small complaints. I wanted to see him fight more. For her. And I wanted to hear more about the fight. The ultimate match up. Wanted to see how he took down Rusty. There was such a build up I wish we had more details. 

Now with that being said, there were some scenes in here I literally laughed out loud. I was reading it, then was like wait, come again!?!? I had to read it again just to get a chuckle out of it. Thinking back, I'm still laughing about it. 

I think this was a great book. The emotional progress of both our main characters, the drama, the steam, storyline, secondary characters. I think they were all great.

I gave this book 4.5 stars





View all my reviews




No comments:

Post a Comment