Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

26 November 2014

❤❤ FLAWED by Francette Phal - 3.5 star review ❤❤




"You are this beautiful thing I want to destroy."


Blood.

That's the only memory he carries from a childhood he does not remember. And now it is all he knows. Blood is his life.


Knox Bishop has done a lot of horrible things, all at the command of the man who holds his leash. It's a matter of loyalty for him. Allegiance to the man who saved his life when he was a child. So he goes where he is needed and does what he is told. He tortures. He kills. He kills. He tortures. It is an unrelenting cycle that he constantly craves and can never quite satisfy.



Until her.



Eighteen year old Lacey Barnes distributes her assets to fund her dreams. Medical school is the end game and she is determined to get there by any means necessary. But a family member's careless mistake derails her plans and now she must pay a price in order to save him.



She goes to Knox willingly offering him the only valuable thing she has. Herself. In doing so he allows her into his world, a world she quickly realizes is void of any light and hope for escape is utterly elusive. But escape is something she finds that she no longer wants.



"He lays a path of pleasure laced agony for me to follow and I do. Stupidly I follow him down the blinding darkness of his euphoric hell."




*arc provided for an honest review *

I am a huge Francette Phal lover. Most things she writes I dive in and can't put it down til it's over. With Flawed, I didn't get as addicted as quickly. I had trouble really digging my claws in and not letting go. It took me a while to really get invested in the story. But once I was, I was done for.



Francette has given me a woman to hate, a woman who I feel bad for, a man who's a coward, a boy who pulls at your heartstrings, a moms who's a pain in the ass, and a man who's equal parts villain and hero. I want to hate him for all the things he does, but I find that I can't. I love that she has given us a horrible man, but you can't help but love him. 

Now the ending, that I hated, Okay hate is a strong word..strongly dislike.  But also leaves me dying for more. Wondering what Francette is going to do next with our characters and our story. Will he get her back? Will he do to Katia what he said he would? Can we hear about every detail?- cause the bitch deserves it. Will Katia tell him the truth? Will it hurt him? What else has her dad done? How will she make it out alive? How will she be after- stronger or broken?



The other thing that Francette doesn't fail to deliver is the dark romance steam aspect of the story. That's the part that makes me want to hate him. He's a sadist. I shouldn't like him. But I kinda love him. Such an internal battle I lead.

All in all Francette delivers yet another amazing story.

I give this 3.5 stars



*Flawed fan-made trailer*




Purchase your copy :


No comments:

Post a Comment