Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

17 July 2015

❤❤DEE'S 4 STAR REVIEW OF BREAKING HER RULES BY JENNIFER SNOW❤❤


Dee's rating: 4 of 5 stars
Release Day: July 21




Synopsis:
MMA fighters go the distance in this all-new series from Jennifer Snow, author of the Brookhollow novels.

Walker Adams was supposed to follow in his lawyer father’s footsteps, but instead he’s training to be an MMA fighter. And while he works for his chance to make it in the UFC, he’s bunking on his baby sister’s best friend’s couch. Gracie Andrews is all grown up—in all the right places. But she’s engaged to the fight match-maker who holds Walker’s career in his hands…

Gracie had almost convinced herself that she’d put her silly childhood crush on Walker to rest. But the sight of him sleeping in only a pair of boxer briefs makes it clear that some things never change. And as old sparks turn to flames, Gracie is forced to decide between the future she thought she wanted or the man she’s never stopped loving… 





I really liked this. I've never read anything by this author before, so I was venturing into unchartered territory here. When it comes to he writing style, for me, I don't like the long drawn out angst. I do like some angst, but there can be too much of it. And I think this walked the very fine line of taking too long for feelings to be recognized, and just enough time to keep us hanging on. For me, it drove me nuts, but again... I'm not a huge fan of that much angst. 

Now I loved the story line and the way our characters had history. I love that the past impacts the future. And I love that Grace never let go over her feelings from so long ago. On top of a great storyline, we have a wonderful set of characters. The ones we are supposed to love, you can't help. And the ones you think you should like, are definitely assholes. The whole time i was reading this, every scene with a certain character, repeating in my head was "what an asshole". On. Repeat. Over. And. Over. Then I had to ask myself, does he really have any redeeming qualities at all? No. No he doesn't. So needless to say, Jennifer has truly delivered us characters that strike something down deep with situations we would probably brush off if they were singular. But this asshole just keeps piling them up. 


All in the all, the story line was good, the characters were exceptional, and the writing was great. 4 stars for me.



PRE-ORDER  OR BUY YOUR COPY TODAY!! 
--->>> http://amzn.to/1Nh5tJq <<<----

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment