Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

04 August 2015

❤❤4.5 star review of STRONG ENOUGH by M Leighton ❤❤



Dee's rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

From the author of the New York Times bestselling Bad Boys novels comes the first in a dark, sexy contemporary trilogy. 


Is she strong enough to trust the most dangerous man she’s ever met? And is he strong enough to let her? 


How would I describe myself? Well, I’m Muse Harper. I’m a twenty-something painter who loves red wine, quirky movies, and men with a fatal flaw. But that was before I met Jasper King. He became my fatal flaw. Eight months ago, I had a choice to make—abandon everything I’ve ever known to protect my family, or stay and risk someone getting hurt. I chose the former. My plan was working just fine until I found out my father had gone missing.

That’s when I met Jasper. A bounty hunter with the eyes of a tiger and the nose of a bloodhound, he was supposed to help me find my father. What I didn’t know was that meeting him was no accident. Hunting people isn’t all that Jasper does. And helping me was only part of his plan. I just wish I’d found out sooner, before my heart got involved. But even then, I don’t know if I’d have done things differently.

Now, I have another choice to make—trust the man that I’m falling in love with and hope that he’ll do the right thing, or run as far away from him as I can get.



"He is heat, he is gravity. He is the center of all my senses. He is consuming." 


That may be the perfect description of Jasper. When our story starts, you have little tiny pieces of who Jasper really is, while Muse is open and upfront about who she is. She's an open book. These two characters are complete opposites of one another. And as the story goes on you get to see little pieces of Jasper. You find out more. And the more leads to more questions. What is really going on here? 

"I want her bad. But even when that happens, it will be with the knowledge of what's to come, of how I'll betray her. What kind of person could do that? 

A monster, that's who. 

And I'm that monster. "


Maybe Jasper was a monster, but he's one you totally fall in love with. You can't help but want to know what he's hiding. And neither can Muse. I mean, if he's a monster, sign me up. I want one just like him. 

Even as we find out more about our characters M Leighton still manages to throw some twists and turns in our story. And we have to sit and wonder what's truth, and what's a lie- what really is going on? Who is behind it? And what's real? 

I am not at all surprised that I loved this story. M Leighton is a phenomal writer. And I even loved our sneak peek at Dual. A throwback of sorts. M Leighton writes such spectacular stories that suck you in and you don't want out. She writes perfect alpha males, and such strong females. And we can't forget the steamy stuff. She sure did steam up our screens from these sexy times. I loved this book.

 A 4.5 star read for me.


LINKS:


ADD IT TO YOUR GOODREADS TBR HERE

GET YOUR KINDLE COPY TODAY!

GET YOUR NOOK COPY TODAY!

GET YOUR KOBO COPY TODAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment