Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

17 January 2016

❤❤ 4 star review of upcoming release FORGOTTEN PROMISES by Jessica Lemmon ❤❤

My rating: 4 of 5 stars





In an edgy, seductive novel hailed by Rachel Van Dyken as “unique and gripping,” Jessica Lemmon introduces the ultimate bad boy . . . and a love that crosses all boundaries. 

SYNOPSIS:

Morgan Young had a perfect upbringing, and now she’s got a perfect boyfriend and a perfect future—until her twenty-first birthday changes everything. First Morgan finds out, in the most painful way possible, that her relationship is a sham. But that’s nothing compared to the nightmare about to unfold.

It’s too late for Tucker Noscalo. A brutal childhood left him with a bad reputation and a criminal record. Fresh out of jail, Tucker has a score to settle with Baybrook’s crooked chief of police—his own father. Nobody will believe Tucker’s explosive accusations without proof and a good lawyer, neither of which he has on his side. Until he sees someone he used to know, someone who just so happens to be the daughter of the best lawyer in the county.

He needs Morgan to convince her father of the ugly truth. But first he has to convince her, and he’ll do whatever it takes to get her to listen. Confronted by the story of Tucker’s dark past, Morgan feels utterly compelled to help him. And as their connection grows into a fierce bond fueled by raw passion, Morgan finds herself falling for the wrong guy—but never has the promise of love felt so right.





I've never read this author before. This was my first jog down her alley. I was excited to see where she was going to take me. I'm always excited to read a new author. So.. check out my thoughts on Jessica and Forgotten Promises...


I liked this book. I liked the turns she took us on with these two characters. I didn't expect the history of Jeremy and Tucker to be what it was. Though, I did like how Jessica tied Tucker and Morgan together in both past and present. I think with the way she did this, the history and the present day, it added a different kind of touch to the book. Especially when you find out what he did for her before. 

At first I started to think was this some kind of syndrome, where you develop feelings for someone that is involved in a highly emotional point of your life, a trauma I guess we could call it. Was it PTSD, and she just wasn't thinking clearly? I started to doubt the feelings she was portraying, the things she was saying. And I understood where Tucker was coming from with what he did later in the book, and the reason behind it. I didn't like it, but I understood why he did it. I really started to root for these two, individually and together. Well, more for Tucker individually because of his dad. I was so glad that he had Morgan behind him, and then who she was able to convince. It made me cringe how they had to convince him, but  I was so glad the truth came out. But as their relationship built, I found myself rooting for them. Happy for them, in a weird sort of way, considering the reality of the situation they were in. I found myself crossing my fingers things would work out, for both of them. 

I also really liked the way Jessica developed our characters. One goes from broody and scared of touch, to craving it. The other goes from a diva go someone who's begging to stay in a rinky dink cabin. They both go from weak, in a way, to strong in their own way. But they both ended up craving each other. They both came out of their superficial shells and came into their own. 

This was a good book and I'm glad I picked it up and was introduced to this new-to-me author. Forgotten Promises was both intriguing and heartbreaking. The end was a beautiful end, or beginning, to a rocky history. 

I gave this book 4 stars


Release day is January 19th, get your copy today!
Amazon US //  B&N  //  Kobo //  iBooks









No comments:

Post a Comment