Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

19 January 2016

❤❤ LOUD IS HOW I LOVE YOU by Mercy Brown 3.5-4 star review ❤❤

My rating: 3.5-4 of 5 stars




One girl’s heart gets rocked to the core in the first novel in this sexy New Adult series.

Twenty-one-year-old front girl Emmylou knows that getting her band noticed in the ‘90s indie rock scene will be no easy task. She definitely knows better than to break the number one rule of the band: Don't sleep with your bandmates! But after she ends up having the best sex of her life with her guitarist, Travis, she finds following that rule is a lot harder than it sounds.

When the band gets the gig of their dreams, making it big seems just within reach. But Emmy’s inability to keep her hands off Travis threatens everything they’ve worked for. Can Emmy find a way to break the rules and not blow the chance of a lifetime?




I'm not normally one who likes NA books,or  a holdout, angsty, word vomit kind of book or character. I'm more of a lets get down and dirty type of girl. So, this was a different kind of read for me, but I'm so glad I picked it up.

I won't lie, there was a lot of times I wanted to just tape up Emmy's mouth. Just to stop her from talking. Travis was so perfect and said some of the most beautiful things to Emmy. Then she would open her mouth and ruin the moment... over. and over. and over.

"good" he says "loud is how I love you."

Like that... sigh...

The things he does for her. sharpies. comes over. hangs out. I mean it was like she didn't realize how epically awesome he was, but she did. She had this singularly focused mind and it drove me crazy. I just wanted to jump in my kindle and shake her, hence why I don't normally read angsty books.

But then Mercy went and broke our Emmy's heart. And I know this will sound weird, but it was the perfect thing to do. It was exactly what needed to happen. It was perfect to me because it was an eye opener, but it was also realistic. Okay, this will sound weird too, but I'm kind of glad who broke it off. It wasnt the norm and I freaking love that.

I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get into this book when I started. Our characters were young, I don't know anything about guitars or bands, and I don't like angst. But I'm glad I picked this book up. It was really good.

I would rate this between 3.5-4 stars


~~GRAB YOUR COPY TODAY~~

No comments:

Post a Comment