Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

02 May 2017

❤❤ 4 star review of MIDNIGHT RESCUE by Elle Kennedy ❤❤



Dangerous. Ruthless. Savage. And she's the good guy.


Abby Sinclair had a desperate childhood until she was rescued and adopted by a retired army ranger who molded her into a master of self-defense. Now, she's a cunning and fearless assassin thrust into assignment after dangerous assignment, using everything she has-nerve, resilience, strength, sex-to come out on top. Her only rule: trust no one.


Abby's latest assignment is in Columbia: go undercover and snuff out a dangerous arms dealer active in the underground sex trade. But when Abby purposely blows her cover in a last-ditch attempt to free the helpless victims, deadly mercenary Kane Woodland is recruited as back-up. His mission: get Abby out of that hell hole.

The last thing Kane expects is to feel a primal attraction for Abby. But when she convinces him to join her on her perilous mission, their newfound passion could put the lives of their whole team at risk. 





*copy provided by the publisher for an honest and unbiased review*

I've never read this series before, so when offered I was so glad to start something new. and I'm so happy I did. I really liked this book. some of it was a little too drawn out and some things got a little repetitive, but all in all I did really think this was a good book. 

after all Abby's been through I really liked her relationship with Kane and how he made her realize and learn why she didn't like sex. I also liked how he taught her how to *cough* like sex and losing control. not too bad, Kane, not too bad at all. 

not only that, learning more about this diverse group of mercenaries and how they're willing to take such a risk for this mission made this so much more interesting. when the guys interacted, with Abby or Isabel or Noelle, or just them, it really adds so much more to the story. they aren't just mercenaries anymore, they're brother, men, fighters. they really are the good guys. 

though,,,, what ever happened to that key?

any way. then you have two villains like Blanco and Devlin and how can your blood not boil at these two men? anytime these two men were in a scene I felt twitchy. like I wanted to jump into my kindle and write myself in as some bad ass ninja, just so I could get a few swings in on that asshole. cause let's be honest, Devlin may be the truth  villain of this story. Blanco is just a really bad guy. 

with that being said and everything Kane and Abby reveal to one another, I was kind of really disappointed in her. I can't help it. hearing about how she can't trust anyone started to get a little redundant and old. but ... on the other hand, with her past trust would be hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment