Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

08 May 2017

❤❤ THE WALL OF WINNIPEG AND ME AUDIOREVIEW ❤❤

The Wall of Winnipeg and Me

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Vanessa Mazur knows she's doing the right thing. She shouldn't feel bad for quitting. Being an assistant/housekeeper/fairy godmother to the top defensive end in the National Football Organization was always supposed to be temporary. She has plans and none of them include washing extra-large underwear longer than necessary.

But when Aiden Graves shows up at her door wanting her to come back, she's beyond shocked.

For two years, the man known as The Wall of Winnipeg couldn't find it in him to tell her good morning or congratulate her on her birthday. Now? He's asking for the unthinkable.

What do you say to the man who is used to getting everything he wants?






*audioreview*

I really liked this book but there was also something I really wanted to be addressed. her mom. Vanessa has never had someone stand up for her, stand with her, or defend her. and Aiden does do that, I feel like her mom was the one thing I didn't feel like he was there for , nor did the storyline revolve and give him a chance to defend her. throughout the rest of the story, he's given the chance to stand up for her to her psycho sister and significant other, his agent, he showed up for her when she wanted him there ... but the mom thing, he didn't show for and wasn't given the chance to stand up for her again. that was the one thing I really really wanted addressed because as we learned more about what Van went through, the more I felt like I needed someone to put her in her place.

I really liked how the relationship between these two started off so rocky, but then prompted with an offer she couldn't refuse Van accepted the offer. and Aiden actually needed help. he needed her. he didn't want anyone but her. he's a man of dedication and focus and once he's got his eyes on something he gets it. and he had his eyes on Van

it wasn't only Aiden and Trevor I loved, it was the roommate too. though that made me ask... why did no one find it odd that a newlywed couple had a roommate or never had any intimate pda when people were around. and I don't mean anything explicit, but they rarely hugged, held hands, pecked. and the media never was mentioned. I know, I'm totally nit picking right now. being petty. but it's all I kept thinking about.

with that stupid stuff bothering me, I will say this was still a great audio. the narrator was fabulous , the storyline was good, the characters were so relatable- and I mean all of them. well, the main three, and his friends too. everyone else was their own dose of crazy. Mariana Zapata is an author if you haven't picked her up yet, you don't know what you're missing. she's fabulous.

~~GET YOUR COPY TODAY~~
Kindle // Audio // B&N // 


No comments:

Post a Comment