Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

29 May 2018

❤❤ 4.5 star review of I FLIPPING LOVE YOU by Helena Hunting ❤❤

My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars




A new kind of love story about flipping houses, taking risks, and landing that special someone who’s move-in ready…



SHE’S GOT CURB APPEAL


Rian Sutter grew up with the finer things in life. Spending summers in The Hamptons was a normal occurrence for her until her parents lost everything years ago. Now Rian and her sister are getting their life, and finances, back on track through real estate. Not only do they buy and sell houses to the rich and famous, but they finally have the capital to flip their very own beachfront property. But when she inadvertently catches the attention of a sexy stranger who snaps up every house from under her, all bets are off…

HE’S A FIXER UPPER

Pierce Whitfield doesn’t normally demo kitchens, install dry wall, or tear apart a beautiful woman’s dreams. He’s just a down-on-his-luck lawyer who needed a break from the city and agreed to help his brother work on a few homes in the Hamptons. When he first meets Rian, the attraction is undeniable. But when they start competing for the same pieces of prime real estate, the early sparks turn into full-blown fireworks. Can these passionate rivals turn up the heat on their budding romance — without burning down the house?

I FLIPPING LOVE YOU, set in the Shacking Up world, follows two people, both working in real estate, who find themselves vying for the same properties in the Hamptons, leading to a sometimes-not-so-friendly competition. 




*arc provided by the author for an honest, unbiased review*

I think this may be one of my favorite Helena Hunting books ever. I don't know what it was about these two but I just fell in love with them from the get go. it could have been her snark, sassiness and sarcasm. it could have been his ego and pushiness, insistence for her to pay the bill for his car for what she did. or did she?

there were so many times I laughed with her remarks or his. and the things she would say. I felt like I related to Rian in so many ways. especially the " did I really just say that" kind of moments.

“What’re you doing here?”
“I could ask you the same thing.” We’ve been running into each other a lot lately. This is getting weird. “I own this place; it’s a rental.”
“So you’re not the lawn boy?” Sometimes I suck at words.


sarcasm is something I can definitely relate to, so each time her responses would be sarcastic it was like I was looking in a mirror. it was something that just felt so natural and realistic. it felt like it wasn't just fiction. that these reactions were how someone would respond in real life. the story still had those normal feelings of the romance genre were used to, the overly romantic, swoony gestures we all love so much. I mean, with Pierce, I felt like Helena delivered that alpha, super romantic when he wants to be man, that we always fall in love with in her books. and with Rian, we get this strong, independent woman, who's super guarded and protective of her sister and herself, because she's always had to be. now we have someone who wants to break down that wall, and she's not only guarded but paranoid, for good reason.

“I promise I’ll take good care of your heart, Rian. And I promise it’ll get easier if you keep saying it.” He kisses me again , whispering against my lips, “I love you.”


the only thing that bothered me was Law's insistence and issue with them buying a house. he just couldn't let it go and honestly I rolled my eyes each time it was brought up. much like Pierce, I was like...enough, let it go. I fully expected him to use their parents against him since he thought so little of them.

this really was a super combination of sarcasm, funny, and romance.

4.5 stars from me.

~~GET YOUR COPY TODAY~~

~~OTHER BOOKS IN THE SHACKING UP WORLD~~



No comments:

Post a Comment