Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

07 May 2018

❤❤ BAD BOY BRODY by Tijan 3 star review ❤❤

My rating: 3 of 5 stars




One punch took him from Hollywood’s Golden Boy to Bad Boy Brody.


The media didn’t care he was grieving his brother’s death. They descended on him, but to change his reputation, his manager got him a deal.



Act in an indie film, one that already had Oscar buzz, and he’d get the movie roles he needed to secure his future.



He took the deal.



Yet he wasn’t prepared for the real-life people behind the script. He wasn’t prepared for the murder the movie was based on. And he really wasn’t prepared for her, the biggest secret of all.




She was wild. She was beautiful. She defied gravity.



But was she the leading role that would tame him?




arc provided by the author for an honest, voluntary and unbiased review.

So I'm going  to say, if you're going into this expecting a regular Tijan love story, that ain't what you're gonna get. I picked up this book no less than five times. I kept putting it down. the first 45% was so strange, I couldn't get into it. once we got to around 50%, then I was invested.

I've grown up with horses. I've seen wild herd.and this was just so ...odd. I don't even know of a better word for it. Yes it was unrealistic, but it's fiction so what do you expect? But I just didn't feel this connection between Hollywood's bad boy and our wild woman.

Don't get me wrong, there are normal Tijan things in the story- twists and turns, women you hate, horrible family members, damaged leads. But , I just really struggled with connecting to this story like I did all her other books. And that struggle is what had me putting the book down over and over.

While this may not have been my favorite Tijan book, I encourage you to give it a shot and let me know your thoughts below 






***GET YOUR COPY TODAY***

No comments:

Post a Comment