Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

12 September 2015

❤❤ STONE COLD BY OLIVIA RIGAL 3.5 STAR REVIEW ❤❤

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars


Lisa Mayfield returns home from law school to a dead brother and a former lover she no longer recognizes. 

Brian Hatcher, her brother’s best friend, dropped out of the police academy. Instead of working with Lisa’s brother to bring down organized crime, he became a full-patched member of the Iron Tornadoes, an outlaw motorcycle club, the very one that may have caused her brother’s fall. 

Searching for answers to how her David died, Lisa can't ignore the attraction she still feels for Brian. 

The chemistry is undeniable but is there anything left of the boy she once loved or has he turned into a stone cold biker?






This is my first book by this author and I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised. It was a bit short for my liking, and especially and MC book, but it wasn't bad. It hits on the major points and leaves us with questions remaining about what is going on. 

I did like the flow and storyline, but I still feel like it skipped a lot and left a lot open for the reader to fill in the blanks, or keep mounting a list of unanswered questions. I Haven't read book two, so I'm hoping our blanks get filled in there. 

I feel like the love triangle was a good balance of good guy vs bad. And while we are left knowing what her current decision is, I feel like the man she chose isn't as all in as she is. It feels like she's 100% and he is pulling the blinders on and really not being honest. I don't know why but I'm left doubting the things he said. While what he does to her are super hot, and he can steam up the sheets, I need more from him.


3.5 STARS FROM ME 


~GET YOUR FREE COPY TODAY~



No comments:

Post a Comment