Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

06 December 2016

❤❤ 5 star review of THE ROMAN by Sylvain Reynard ❤❤


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


The Roman (The Florentine #3)Raven and her sister, Cara, are at the mercy of a small detachment of Florentine vampyres, who are delivering them as a peace offering to the feared Curia in Rome. 

Though she s unsure William survived the coup that toppled his principality, Raven is determined to protect her sister at all costs, even if it means challenging Borek, the commander of the detachment. 
In an effort to keep Raven from falling into the hands of his enemies, William puts himself at the mercy of the Roman, the dangerous and mysterious vampyre king of Italy. But the Roman is not what he expects 
Alliances and enmities will shift and merge as William struggles to save the woman he loves and his principality, without plunging the vampyre population into a world war. 
This stunning conclusion to the Florentine series will take readers across Italy and beyond as the lovers fight to remain together. Forever."



*arc provided by the author and publisher for an honest and unbiased review*

Oh sweet baby jesus I don't want this to be the last book in this series. I have loved this series from the very first book, very first word, very first chapter and do not want this to be the end.

I know that Sylvain loves to kill us with suspense and this surely went right along with that norm. I feel like there was so much going on. Betrayal, love, family, surprises, angst, revenge. SO MUCH! I know that Sylvain knows how to write a book that sweeps us up and knocks us on our butts, and this one was just the same as previous books in the series! We have the Prince, Raven, The Roman, Gabriel, the vampyres, the Curia.. just SO MUCH! From all angles. I felt like it was a freight train that didn't stop until that last word on the last page! Sylvain wanted to keep us on the edges of our seats and did just that!

I think what I love the most about this series, not only is the book is a romance, and paranormal-ish, but its the connection between the characters, the pull, the attraction, the desire, the love, the devotion. Sylvain has such a way of capturing it and relaying it in words that it is nothing short of captivating. You want everything to work out for these two. You fall in love even more with them as individuals, and as a couple, with this book, than you have previously. The way that Sylvain has written these two characters, this may be one of the best love stories, and series, I think I've ever read.

Now, let's get back to that action and angst. I think that there were a few times in this book that I was on the edge of my seat dying to know what was coming next. I felt like I was sitting on my bed, yelling and screaming, and fist pumping, and chewing my cuticles, and I just could not stop moving around. I couldn't sit still. I was one nervous nelly as things all played out.

GAH! I don't want this to end. I don't want this series to end. This relationship. This love. I want more more more more.

Trust me when I say you need to read this series!



~~GET YOUR COPY TODAY~~
Google Play: https://goo.gl/SwxiTn





No comments:

Post a Comment