Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

08 December 2017

❤ GRIP by Kennedy Ryan AudioReview ❤



Resisting an irresistible force wears you down and turns you out. I know. I've been doing it for years. 


I may not have a musical gift of my own, but I've got a nose for talent and an eye for the extraordinary. And Marlon James - Grip to his fans - is nothing short of extraordinary. 



Years ago, we strung together a few magical nights, but I keep those memories in a locked drawer and I've thrown away the key. All that's left is friendship and work. 



He's on the verge of unimaginable fame, all his dreams poised to come true. I manage his career, but I can't seem to manage my heart. 



It's wild, reckless, disobedient. And it remembers all the things I want to forget.


***This does not have a cliffhanger***



So I've never read Kennedy Ryan before, and I had never heard of Grip before. It came up from the library as "a book you may like." So I thought what the heck, I'm still trying to read new authors I've never heard of before, I'll give this a try. 

Ladies. Gents. Readers. Book Lovers. Stop what you are doing. Stop..What..You..Are..Doing...

You need to read this book. Or as I did, you need to listen to this audio. The audio was hands down one of the best I've listened to this year. I've listened to other books that Maxine has narrated, but this was the first I've listened to by Jakobi Diem. These two together.. Spectacular narrating duo. Hands down, I think the best female/male narrating pair I've heard this year. They did great things with this story and really brought it to life. The feelings felt real, the chemistry came to life, the love, it was all there. 

And the story, my GOD, this was ahhhmaaaayyyyzzzingggggg.



I feel like this was one of those books where I want to stand on the rooftop, or fly a banner in the air telling everyone who will listen how good this book is. I'm so glad I picked this up. Kennedy is a fantastic storyteller. She wrote this story that just sucked me in and I was not going to stop this until the story was over. Once it started , I didn't want it to ever end. Like, at all. once you read this you will want more Bristol and Grip. These two are electric!

And the music that we get, granted not actual music, but the lyrics make this book even more. Music, love, romance, angst, heartbreak, drama. GAH. AMAZING.





5 stars guys, 10, 15, infinite stars!

~~ GET YOUR COPY TODAY~~







No comments:

Post a Comment