Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

04 April 2018

❤❤ 5 star review of THE DANDELION by Michelle Leighton ❤❤ @mleightonbooks

My rating: 5 of 5 stars




At thirty-five, Abigail Simmons has mastered only one thing—running. When tragedy strikes, she runs. This time her urge to flee brings Abi back to her hometown, where she hopes she can find the peace she’s always searched for. That hope is dashed when Abi’s ex, Sam Forrester, bumps his way back into her life. 



Sam has flourished in ways Abi hasn’t. From the outside, he has it all—a successful medical practice, a beautiful daughter, and a charming wife.



Who is dying.



Sara Forrester is dying and her final wish is for Sam to find love again so she can meet the woman who will finish raising her daughter and grow old with her husband. Abi seems like the perfect fit, but what Sara doesn’t know is that Abi has a secret, a secret no one could guess.



And it’s a deal breaker.



arc provided by the author for an honest, unbiased review


I'm just sitting here, in public, trying not to cry. im trying. I will not do it. ladies, its not working. I just feel so emotionally raw right now. Like if people look too close, they'll see how my broken heart is just flayed open from reading this.

This whole story has felt like one huge heart crushing story. In one way or another, this story is going to break your heart in two . Whether it's Sara's story or Abi's, you are going to ache for these characters. Not only for what they've been through, their separation, but also what they're going through and the plans involved.

On one hand I'm reeling from Sara's plans. I want to not understand, I want to not like her idea, I want to hate that that is how she wants her family life to go on without her. But sitting here and thinking about this, I kind of do understand. I understand wanting to know the person who's going to take your place and wanting to make sure it's the right person. As a mother, I can understand that you do want the best for your kid and this is a way of making sure it happens.

I loved Sam. I loved how he handled Sara, everything he had to do with all that responsibility of his own practice, his family and all the issues that they're dealing with daily. but then Abi comes back into his life and it's bringing back all his feelings for her. his heartbreak, his love..and it's her saving grace. just as much as she's his.

I really can't say enough good things about this book. If you are looking for an emotional read, one that will really pull at all your feelings, this story, this one amazing story, is the one you want to pick up



Release Date is April 8th 2018






No comments:

Post a Comment