Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

02 April 2018

❤❤ WITH THIS MAN by Jodi Ellen Malpas 4-4.5 star audio review ❤❤

My rating: 4 of 5 stars




Jesse Ward is back in the newest novel in the #1 New York Timesbestselling This Man series!

Life is good for Jesse "The Lord" Ward. Perfect, actually. He still has the charm, he's in great shape, and he still reduces his wife, Ava, to a pool of desire with a mere look. He's in full control, just how he likes it.

But Jesse's perfect world falls apart when a terrible accident lands Ava in the hospital with a life-threatening head injury. Devastated and angry, he feels like his entire existence hangs in the balance. He cannot survive without this woman's love. So when she finally comes around, his shaking world begins to level out. But his nightmare doesn't end there. It's only just begun. Because his wife can't remember the last sixteen years of her life. That's all of him. All of their time together. He is a stranger to her.

Now Jesse must do whatever it takes to find her memories . . . and help her fall madly, passionately in love with him all over again. 





Jesse Ward, the Lord of the Manor, has always been one of my favorite book boyfriends. When reading With This Man, it took me right back to that love of him. Made me fall in love with his domineering, crazy ways all over again. And fall, did I. So hard, again. Not only with Jesse as Lord, and how he is with Ava. But also with Ava. I love her character. Seeing her struggle, to remember, but feeling her fall in love with Jesse all over again was just.. smile inducing. Not only falling in love with him, but her life. She couldn't remember it, but she could feel it.

This book, for a very very large majority of it, is true Jesse Ava fashion and we get to see him trample and Lord over her all over again. But then there is a small part, very small part where I felt things were left untouched. What happened with her accident? If she had blue tooth, why was she reaching over for her cell? what caused her accident? who hit her? what was the outcome? Did I miss all these details while listening to this book? and also, Cherry. What happened there? Did Ava trample? Did Jesse address it? It's these little things that i needed answers to, because they felt like such huge things to the story. Now let me say, these could have been answered in the book. But this narrator. I was so wrapped up in his voice, it's possible I missed it.

Now that we've touched on that subject, let's discuss the narrator. I don't know who he is, but I'm half tempted to look up other books he's narrated. he was AMAZING. not only because his accent was legit, but the baritone voice was exactly what I'd picture from Jesse. The way he brought Jesse to life, gave me goosebumps at times. Especially when Jesse was struggling- emotionally or Ava-lly. The female narrator was just as good. It was literally like Jodi found the exact narrators that would bring to life the characters just as all us This Man lovers, including her, could imagine their voices.

Falling in love with this series all over again was exactly what I needed. The reboot my palate needed. It's true. I've officially been trampled all over again. And I am not complaining one bit.

4-4.5 stars



U.S Amazon ➤ https://amzn.to/2InwgYC
UK Amazon ➤ bit.ly/Amz-WTM-UK
iBooks ➤ bit.ly/WTM-iBooks
Kobo ➤ bit.ly/WTM-Kobo-US
Nook ➤ bit.ly/WTM-Nook



No comments:

Post a Comment