Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

17 April 2018

❤❤ THE CINDERELLA ARRANGEMENT by Vanessa Waltz 3 star Audioreview ❤❤

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Fake Cinderella. Real Romance. 
Luke Pardini is many things: playboy, tabloid fodder, ridiculously attractive billionaire. He’s the Prince Charming every woman dreams of. 

And he wants me to be his fake girlfriend. 

I don't want a relationship, even a make-believe one, but I do need the money. Writing isn't paying the bills, and I hardly have time for a second job, let alone a romance. But he's offering me a dream-come true. 

I'll get the fancy dresses, the formal dinners, the full Luke Pardini experience. I get to be Cinderella for a few weeks, then I'll trade in the shoes. No problem, right? 

Except I don’t have to pretend when he touches me, but he’s made it clear I only get to play his girlfriend for a few weeks. When midnight strikes, our Cinderella Arrangement is over. 

He promised the arrangement would be simple. 

I promised I wouldn’t fall in love. 



This this audiobook bundle, I got two audios in one. SO I was able to listen to the story of Luke and Jessica and Will and Natalie, back to back. Which works out great, since they are all characters from the original book. SO I knew who they were. Well, we get to know Natalie quite well. I mean really, she is a huge part of book one. Without her, where would we have been?

Natalie is the one that is really the cause of a lot of the drama in book one. She may not directly be the instigator, but she ultimately was involved. She ultimately betrayed Jessica's trust, when asked not to, even to her fiance, and thus the root cause of all the drama. And we need to keep this in mind, because it becomes a huge main focus of book two.

The issues i ran into were things like with Jessica. We hear what her issue is, and we see her battle it individually, but she never TELLS Luke or Natalie what happened. So they just guess? And they're right? And then she sees them and does nothing, tells him nothing, and it's never an issue. I mean, it's a slight issue once or twice, but then it's like it goes away. And I get it, it's a shorter story but I don't know, that didn't jive well. Not only that, never once does Jess (or Luke) stand up for her against the press, her foster parents, nothing. One time she stands up to his dad, but other than that, she's a bit of a pushover. Then when it comes to Will and his family and the money. Do we hate each other or not? Do we trust them or not? So if he's giving it up, what is he doing with his life? But then her profile disappears and his does too, but HOW? What is going on here?

Then when we move on to Natalie's story, and her parents and Ben. They're all just a-holes. Natalie does stand up to both of these people in her life, but for a large majority of the story we get to see people dictate how she should feel about herself, her actions, her decisions, her life. And we have Will who is struggling with PTSD, but we don't get to see him actually doing anything about it. He's not going to therapy, talking about it, nothing. So again, while this is a huge deal for him, it's kind of brushed under the rug. It's a crutch for us to lean back on. This all then links in to the original story line from book one and Will and his shares. So now, we don't like the uncle because now the uncle is lying? Now his uncle is the a-hole? What is happening with this family and company and money? It's kind of all over the place. Then we have Ben and her career. So all that was done to her profile , but nothing ever happens? he locked her out and there's no backlash with everyone seeing what they saw? No impact? Okayyy. Again, I'm left feeling like- what is going on?

Ultimately, I did like these stories. They were cute, quick, and entertaining. While i did find some plotholes and unanswered questions, it wasn't enough to make me want to put down the audios. They were cute and the narrator was great. If you like insta-love, this will be right up your alley.

No comments:

Post a Comment