Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

13 April 2018

❤❤ PURE CORRUPTION by Pepper Winters SERIES Audio REVIEW ❤❤


 RUIN & RULE (book 1)


"We met in a nightmare. The in-between world where time had no power over reason. We fell in love. We fell hard. But then we woke up. And it was over . . ."

RUIN & RULE



She is a woman divided. Her past, present, and future are as twisted as the lies she's lived for the past eight years. Desperate to get the truth, she must turn to the one man who may also be her greatest enemy . . . 

He is the president of Pure Corruption MC. A heartless biker and retribution-deliverer. He accepts no rules, obeys no one, and lives only to reap revenge on those who wronged him. And now he has stolen her, body and soul.

Can a woman plagued by mystery fall in love with the man who refuses to face the truth? And can a man drenched in darkness forgo his quest for vengeance-and finally find redemption?
Goodreads Link



SIN & SUFFER (book 2)
"Some say the past is in the past. That vengeance will hurt both innocent and guilty. I never believed those lies. Once my lust for revenge is sated, I'll say goodbye to hatred. I'll find a new beginning."

SIN & SUFFER

She came from a past Arthur "Kill" Killian never forgot. She made him sin and made him suffer. She tugged him from the shadows and showed him he wasn't as dead as he thought. And with her resurrection came betrayal, deceit, and war.

But then they took her. Stole her. Imprisoned her.

Now Kill's carefully laid plans for vengeance are complete. He craves action, retribution-the blood of his enemies. War has begun. War is all they'll know until they've paid their penance. He will get her back-and rewrite their destiny . . .
Goodreads Link






While I appreciate where Pepper was taking this story, and know that she is the queen of cliffhangers, this book just moved too slow for me. There was too much going on for it to move at this pace. Remember, not remember. Remember, not remember. Believer her, don't believe her. Know her, don't know her. Know her, don't know her. It got to a point where I was just wanting the story to end so I could figure SOMETHING out. The back and forth just drug out for way too long.

Then finally when we do make progress, it's felt like we were so far along in the story, it was almost over. Obviously, I am not  a fan of suspense. But I mean, a little bit quicker pace for everything happening would be nice. Not only that, you're left wondering through 90% of the book when she is going to remember, only to be given an answer, then taken back away again.

Also, for me, the Hero in the story didn't come off as a bad ass alpha MC president. He came off as a softy a lot of times, who was trying to act bad ass. And no matter what happened, what he did, how he acted, he still didn't come off as a tough guy should for an MC president who doesn't take no for an answer, takes no prisoners kind of guy. Though I'm not sure if that is how the character was written, or how it was narrated.

I did like Sara/Chloe, but again... suspense. I'm not a fan. I don't want to ask the same question for 90% of the book. You know, when will she remember everything... stuff like that

While i liked this book and will pick up Sin and Suffer to see what happens, I really hope it moves at a faster pace than this one.


Welp, I finished it Book 2 and there's 3 things I think about it.

1- how do two.people have this much sex and not get pregnant 900x.

2-  how many times can we promise no more secrets then keep secrets.

3- to me, this drug on way too slow . way too slow . I actually found myself checking to see how many chapters were left and speeding up the pace. Just to get through it. 


I did listen to the audio. The only thing I can say about that is she was good, the narrator. My only thing that really really really got to me,  was the way she narrated Hopper. It made me feel like he was an immature goofball instead of a MC VP. Each time his parts were narrated, I didn't feel like it was a mature man, it was someone who was going to start a game of monopoly. It really really got to me. And clearly, I think I have learned that I still hate cliffhangers and do not like angst in any way, shape or form. 

The first audiobook wasn't so bad. I gave it 4 stars. The second book was probably a 3. The series was a 3.5


Get your copy today, and let me know your thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment