Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

06 April 2015

❤❤ 3 star review of CODA by CD REISS ❤❤






Did you want a pat little ending about Jonathan and I riding off into the sunset? Did you want flowers and stars? Man, I wish it was all soft filters and violins. I wish we could fight about who cleaned the bathroom or who was cooking dinner. But I knew I was never destined for simple contentment.


I almost committed murder for him. I almost tore us apart to save him. How do you get back on the horse after that? Because, I promise you, nothing is the same. Nothing.


I’ve earned our happily ever after. Now I have to survive it. 


Okay. I'm going to write this review solely based on this singular book and not the series or the amazingness or CD Reiss. I mean everyone knows how awesome and amazing of an author she is, so that part doesn't really need reviewed in any way.

Here's the thing. This book felt very very repetitive to me. I've read the whole SOS series and I LOVED IT. I mean Jonathon is one of the reasons Id love to dip my toes in his water. But this, it felt like was on a loop to me. The first half was both of them worrying basically over the same thing just from different points of view and neither of them was talking, I mean really communicating , so nothing was getting fixed. Then it was like BAM! Our jonathon was back. The King. The Master. And thank God. Man have we missed him. And it was great to have him return! 


But I'm still left wondering- did the Swiss thing work out? Did I miss it? Cause I'll be honest, I started to skim. Then I got mad that I was skimming a damn CD Reiss book. That's like committing a carnal sin. 

I just don't know how I feel about this book. I love that we got their ever after. I love that Jonathon came back. And I love that Monica's career was doing stuff. But there was just so much worrying about everything under the sun, which im sure is real, but it held the book back. It became too much of the focus of the book instead of the dynamic duo of Jonathon and Monica.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment