Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

18 April 2015

❤❤ 4 star review of Gods & Monsters by Jani Kay ❤❤




I never look in a mirror. I don’t need to. If I want to see what I look like, I just look at my twin. Daemon and I are identical in every way — from the outside. That’s where it ends. 


Born five minutes after me, my brother hates that he came second. It irks him that I breathed life into my lungs first. Ever since he’s been trying to steal everything I have. Everything I love. 
To own it first. 

Until the day I, Cobra Malone, become president of the Scorpio Stinger MC. I throw him out like the garbage he is. Rotten filth won’t be able to taunt me any longer. 
How wrong I am. 

Evil knows no barriers. It stops at nothing. It won’t rest until it gets what it wants. And he wants what is mine. MINE. He wants my woman. My air. My reason for living. 
I’ll die before I let him take Mia from me. 

Will this be a battle to the end? Till the last man is left standing? 
When two wills this strong clash, there will be chaos . . . and blood. 
Who will win? The God or The Monster? 




Book 3 in the Scorpio Stinger MC Series 


Recommended Reading Order: 

Ryder - Prequel #0.5 
Two Worlds Colliding #1 
Unchain My Heart #2 
A Biker Christmas #2.5 
Gods & Monsters #3 

WARNING: 18+ 

Adult and sensitive subject matter - including language and sexual situations that may be triggers for some people.




This book was very interesting to me. Since we already get a taste of Cobra and Mia in the other books, I love that we get to see where they started. We get to see the back story. We also get a little bit more of Ryder and his background with Cobra and the boys. 

There was so much drama in this book. You've got the start of how Cobra met Mia, Demon and Cobra, Demon and what he did, Mia's confession, the reaction to what Demon did, the reality of what Mia is willing to do for her kid. Jani wrapped so so much drama up into this book. I loved the one little snippet we get from Demon's point of view at the end. I think that was the best way to end that story, I just wish that would come to light somehow. 

I love the fierceness in which Cobra loves Mia, and Mia loves him too. For so long and for such a good reason.I think it was a great way to show the depth of their relationship, and the foundation of it as well. I am not going to lie, there were points in this book where I actually kind of felt bad for Demon. It's true. Jani took this horrible, despicable human and made me actually feel kind of bad for them at some point. Don't worry, it doesn't last long.


I think getting point of views from Ryder took away from the story a little, but all in all I think it was another good book in the series. This is definitely a book that has some darker turns to it, but you have to understand it also has a darker villain in it as well. You will hope this person has some sort of redeeming quality, but believe me.. he's pure evil. We definitely get to see the dark vs light brother... well, as light as you can be in an MC. Good vs Evil, maybe? Again, as good as you can be in an MC. 


I give this book 3.5 - 4 stars




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment