Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

09 August 2016

❤❤ Cocky Bastard by Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward audio review ❤❤



He was someone who belonged in my wildest fantasies instead of a rest stop in the middle of Nebraska.
A sexy, cocky, Australian named Chance was the last person I expected to run into on my cross-country drive.


When my car broke down, we made a deal. Next thing I knew, we were traveling together, spending sexually-tense nights in hotels and taking unplanned detours.
My ordinary road trip turned into the adventure of a lifetime. It was all fun and games until things got intense.
I wanted him, but Chance wouldn’t make a move. I thought he wanted me too, but something was holding him back.
I wasn’t supposed to fall for the cocky bastard, especially when I knew we’d be going our separate ways.

All good things must come to an end, right?

Except our ending was one I didn’t see coming.

Author's note - Cocky Bastard is a full-length standalone novel. Due to strong language and sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18.

Goodreads Link 


I haven't read this book, though I've heard amazing things about it. So I was anxious to listen to the audio and see what all the hype was about. While I loved the storyline and how these two great authors teamed up to deliver it, I'm not 100% sold on the narration of it. I loved the female narrator. I think she did a spectacular job with the Australian accent for Chance/Cocky. However I really could not connect or get into the male narrator. There was just something about his delivery that didn't gel with me. I thought it would get better as I got used to it. Not so much.

With that being said I loved the way these two delivered this story. The humor. The heat. The characters. The goat. Playing like he was an identical twin. The way he fought to win her back. The way she fought so hard to seduce him. I loved the story. And they definitely kept me on the edge of my seat wondering how this would play out. Would she forgive?

But for real... A fainting goat.  I can laugh because seeing it in real life really is humorous. So listening to it in a book had me cracking. Especially when it would be at the most unexpected moments.
I'm on the fence how to rate this because I really didn't like the male  narrator.. 

3.5- 4 stars


~~GET YOUR COPY TODAY~ ~
Kindle US // Audible // B&N // Kobo 



No comments:

Post a Comment