Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

07 October 2016

❤❤ The Bachelor Auction by Rachel Van Dyken 4 star review ❤❤


Cinderella never had to deal with this crap.


Jane isn't entirely sure that Cinderella got such a raw deal. Sure, she had a rough start, but didn't she eventually land a prince and a happily-ever-after? Meanwhile, Jane is busy waiting on her demanding, entitled sisters, running her cleaning business, and . . . yep, not a prince in sight. Until a party and a broken shoe incident leave Jane wondering if princes---or at least, a certain deliciously hunky billionaire---maybe do exist.

Except Brock Wellington isn't anyone's dream guy. Hell, a prince would never agree to be auctioned off in marriage to the highest bidder. Or act like an arrogant jerk---even if it was just a façade. Now, as Brock is waiting for the auction chopping block, he figures it's karmic retribution that he's tempted by a sexy, sassy woman he can't have. But while they can't have a fairy-tale ending, maybe they can indulge in a little bit of fantasy . . 





well isnt this just a cute, quirky spin on Cinderella! I mean we had everything down to the asses, animals, and cleaning . I think the only thing missing was Lucifer the cat.
I've not read much, if anything by RVD, at least not that I can remember. and now after reading this, I don't know why. it had humor, chemistry, sexual tension, drama. pretty much every ingredient needed to suck you into a fantastic read.
I got a little confused keeping all the brothers and their names separate. too many G's that sounded alike. there were some points I literally had no idea who was who, but it didn't really impact the story at the time. though I think these two added alot to the story. their love and devotion to family, but also their interactions with Jane.
I loved the grandfather and Nadine in this story. and the ass, love that too. I think all of it added the humor the story definitely needed. it was like the marshmallows on top of hot chocolate.
I'm really glad I got to read this book. I liked the writing style , the storyline, the steam and humor. definitely an author I am going to read again.


*arc provided for a honest and unbiased review*

~~GRAB YOUR COPY TODAY~~

No comments:

Post a Comment