Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

19 January 2015

❤❤ 4 star review of UNWRITTEN BY CHELSEA CAMERON ❤❤



Children's librarian by day. Romance novelist by night.

British single father.
Someone else is writing this love story...


Blair Walton isn't your average curvaceous tattooed children's librarian. She's also one half of bestselling romance author, Scarlet Rose. Along with her BFF Raine, she spends her nights writing books so steamy, she's afraid they would shock her Southern conservative grandmother to death . . . if she knew about them. That's why she and Raine write in secret.

On deadline for their latest book and out of ideas, Raine suggests (demands) that Blair find a guy and "do some research". Declan Bennet has all the qualifications: He's British, looks fabulous in a suit, has glorious blue eyes and gets bonus points for being an amazing single dad to his adorable son, Drake. But what starts out as a research project quickly turns into something much more. And Blair's not the only one with secrets.


I am totally in love with this book. Being a blogger, I loved getting the point of view on writing from an author's perspective. I also loved the relationship between the two writers that make up Scarlett Rose. I loved their sass, the way they blended, how they worked, everything. 

I really loved the relationship between Blair and Declan, how they met, and how it built up. I adored the relationship between Drake and Blair. I also totally related to Blair because of her love for the little boy, but also because of her love for books. This was totally up my alley. 

So much about this book was fabulous. The characters, the relationships, the steam, the way Declan protected Drake from bringing someone new into his life romantically, but also because of the little bit of drama with Ava. 

I think Chelsea totally nailed this book. I could not put it down and was dying to know how it was going to pan out. I mean they agreed to one thing, could they stick to it? GAH, so good! 

I gave this book 4 stars





No comments:

Post a Comment