Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

10 January 2015

❤❤ 4.5 star review of Fractured by Sydney Landon ❤❤



Desire brought them together; tragedy may tear them apart...





Lucian and Lia attempt to deal with the aftermath of the violent attack on her by her stepfather. As events unfold in their lives, Lia finds that she can no longer be patient with the man that she loves, because his secrets are tearing them apart.

Lucian cannot deny the fact that he's fallen in love with the brave and beautiful woman who has lived a life of horror. He wants nothing more than to protect her, but soon realizes that he may be the person who will hurt her the most.

To be together, they'll have to fight demons from their pasts that threaten to tear them apart. 








You can find my review of PIERCED (Book 1) HERE


Son of a monkey's uncle Sydney! Gah!!! First of all I love Lia and Lucs story. But please. You're killing me with the gosh darn cliffhangers! I was so wrapped up in this story and everything going on, I Iove the way he cherishes her, protects her, is her strength when she needs it. I just wish he could break down his walls and stop his habits.

Lia is such a strong female character. She has survived abuse after abuse and still finds Luc, still finds love. Still finds herself able to love. and that speaks of her strength and her character. Even though she had some dark times in this book, it wasn't overwhelming to read or depressing. To me, it was actually quite realistic and refreshing because it's what you knew she needed and you would have too. It makes you connect with her character just a little more. But her ability to pull herself up by her bootstraps was bound to not work at some point right? I mean everyone has a breaking point and we get to see Lia meet hers.

We also get to see more Luc and his secrets. We get to see why he has Them and why he keeps them from Lia. And I have to agree, I would probably do the same. Again, a completely realistic decision in the storyline that helps you stay connected to it. I can't wait to see what Lucian is like when he's not held back by his past.

Sydney has some loose ends to tie up for us and I can't wait to see where it all goes. How will she tie it all together for us. Will she bring the golden couple or let something keep them apart? Will she keep up the steam element? Will she continue to have our characters make realistic decisions and react how you or I would in a situation? I think so. She didn't upset in Pierced and definitely doesn't with Fractured. Even though I hate cliffhangers with a passion, I am dying to know how this story will end. I'm sure Sydney will deliver us another smooth, effortless storyline just like she has here.

I gave this one 4.5 stars and can't wait for MORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment