Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

28 January 2015

❤❤Four Hearts for Kaleidoscope Hearts by Claire Contreras❤❤


He was my older brother's best friend. 
He was never supposed to be mine. 
I thought we would get it out of our system and move on. 

One of us did. 
One of us left. 

Now he’s back, looking at me like he wants to devour me. And all those feelings I’d turned into anger are brewing into something else, something that terrifies me. 
He broke my heart last time. 
This time he'll obliterate



  
                                                              







“Life is short, and brutal, and painful, and it takes loved ones away from us as quickly as it brings them into our lives, but it’s also beautiful.” I'll admit it, I've been in a reading slump lately and only finished about 10% of each book I've picked up. I follow Claire on social media and have been following her heart breaking story. This girl is a fighter if I've ever met one. I've been dying to read one of her stories for awhile, but most of them seemed darker than my normal reads so I waited. Then this cover appeared in my newsfeed. It was different. It was colorful. It was beautiful. I had to one-click. By the blurb I was expecting another story of forbidden love, brother's best friend, and a second chance romance. What I got was an emotional roller coaster that had me wanting to throw my kindle at Claire. Let me just start out with the first chapter. I didn't know I'd already get all snot-filled reading about Elle and her grief. Let me tell you, Claire can write grief. I'm normally not a fan of the heroine moving on after her former lover passes away or leaves her. I want there to be time, but Claire wrote it so beautifully that I was automatically cheering for Oliver and Elle from the moment he was introduced. Did stupid things keep them apart? Yes. Did I want to smack both of them? Yes. Did it stop me from reading? No. I'd compare Claire's writing to that of my idol Gayle Foreman. She writes lyrically and beautifully with a story that pulls you in from the beginning and you want to live with these characters forever.



Claire Contreras graduated with her BA in Psychology from Florida International University. She lives in Miami, Florida with her husband, two little boys, and three dogs.
Her favorite past times are: daydreaming, writing, and reading.
She has been described as a random, sarcastic, crazy girl with no filter.
Life is short, and it’s more bitter than sweet, so she tries to smile as often as her face allows. She enjoys stories with happy endings, because life is full of way too many unhappy ones.
Stalk Her: Website | Facebook | Twitter



No comments:

Post a Comment