Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

24 March 2015

❤❤ 4 STAR REVIEW OF MANWHORE BY KATY EVANS ❤❤




Is it possible to expose Chicago’s hottest player—without getting played?


This is the story I've been waiting for all my life, and its name is Malcolm Kyle Preston Logan Saint. Don’t be fooled by that last name though. There’s nothing holy about the man except the hell his parties raise. The hottest entrepreneur Chicago has ever known, he’s a man’s man with too much money to spend and too many women vying for his attention.


Mysterious. Privileged. Legendary. His entire life he’s been surrounded by the press as they dig for tidbits to see if his fairytale life is for real or all mirrors and social media lies. Since he hit the scene, his secrets have been his and his alone to keep. And that’s where I come in.


Assigned to investigate Saint and reveal his elusive personality, I’m determined to make him the story that will change my career.


But I never imagined he would change my life. Bit by bit, I start to wonder if I'm the one discovering him...or if he's uncovering me.


What happens when the man they call Saint, makes you want to sin?

ADD IT TO YOUR TBR





I'm so utterly confused by my reaction to this book. I loved it. I think. But I disliked it at the same time. I don't know that I understand how I feel right now. And that ending. Gahhhhhh! What a major freaking cliffhanger. 


Here is my dilemma. I loved Saint. I love the billionaire playboy character. I love the way he changes without having to try, it just happens because of Rachel. Because of how he feels. I loved their times together. I loved the steamy times too, cause well who doesn't love those. His friends. Her friends. Her mom. Her volunteering. His life. His reactions and emotions for her and to her. Stuff he does for her.. *ahem* and to her. But it felt so slow to me for some reason. And then there's this big white elephant in the room that should have been approached a long time ago and just wasn't. And that turns me off of books. When something is brought up in a plot line but not fixed or addressed until the book is basically over. Now I understand the need since there's a second book, but it doesn't mean I have to like it. In my eyes for a cliffhanger to be done right, something has to be resolved. This is where I'm stuck. What was resolved? Minus her realizing how she felt, everything else is just hanging , dangling. And I think that's why I partly disliked it. 


Ultimately it really is a great book. And Katy has delivered a great all encompassing story. Her writing is so smooth and effortless and just sucks you right in. You can do no wrong with a Katy Evans book, and certainly not this one. 


PURCHASE LINKS




No comments:

Post a Comment