Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

09 May 2016

❤❤ BOUND TO YOU by Shawntelle Madison new release + 3.5 star review ❤❤

Bound to You (At Your Service, #1)

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

Perfect for fans of J. Kenner, J. S. Scott, and Sylvia Day, this deeply sensual novel of pleasure and persuasion revolves around a high-stakes business deal in which the rules of negotiation are defined by desire.


Through grace, talent, and hard work, personal concierge Sophie Ashton has turned international corporate warfare into an art. But when she meets her new client, a suave CEO who radiates masculine heat, she knows this is no ordinary job. Given her painful past, Sophie tries to keep her professional relationships exactly that: professional. But Xavier Quinn is a man who knows how to get what he wants, and soon Sophie is tempted into his wicked dance of seduction. 

Xavier needs Sophie’s charm and finesse to land a coveted contract with a Japanese tech mogul, yet he’s even more intrigued by the woman in front of him. He can tell that Sophie has a darkly sensual nature, that she’s been hurt before, that the passion inside of her is struggling to break free. Xavier is used to taking risks in work and in life, but the stakes have never been higher. Because the game he plays with Sophie will bind them together—or destroy them both.





The title of this book was just a tad misleading for me. As was one tiny part of the book that was continued to come back to, and it ties into the title. So I got a little confused when this topic arose with Xavier, because he flat out says he's not sure if that is what he wants. Yet we've already learned hes a Dom earlier in the book. Short of just being commanding, his character didn't carry much of a Dom presence with it. their relationship didn't carry a D/s relationship, more just Bondage...and it was rare.

Another thing that fell a little flat was Sato. It was almost like we learned their relationship through rose colored glasses, and we continue to with his letters and gifts.. but then when they have dinner, I was left confused. what was the point of that dinner? I didn't feel like it had any point. I don't know. I think I may still be a little confused.

And Carly. . that was another part that left me confused. there was just a few things with Sophie and her way of thinking that were kind of confusing. Self sabotaging her relationship, maybe? I don't know. and it's an I don't know in a maybe not good way.

Don't get me wrong. Shawntelle still sucked me in, obviously or I wouldn't have reactions to certain aspects of the book. And that's the point of writing, to evoke a reaction from your readers, right? And we know you can't please everyone, and I'm just one reader... to me it just fell short of what it could have been when it came to their relationship and her own personal internal battles.

Now, Shawntelle is a new author for me, so I have to love that I at least got introduced to a new author. And that, is the best part of reading. Does she have a good writing style, yes. Was the plotline good, it was. Who doesn't love the idea of the taboo secretary/assistant affair. So it carries certain hot fantasy elements with it, it just missed the mark a little on some parts of the delivery.

*arc provided by the publisher for an honest reveiw*


~~GET YOUR COPY TODAY~~ 
release date 5/10/16
Amazon US //  B&N // Kobo // iBooks // Google Books

No comments:

Post a Comment