Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

01 September 2016

❤❤ 5 star review of LIKE THE BACK OF MY HALO by Heidi Hutchinson ❤❤

Sometimes you just have to ride the wave you're given.

Brady Samson wouldn't say he's lived a charmed life.  His brother, Bo? Now that's a different story.  For the most part, Brady just wants to surf, eat, and surf some more.  Nothing feels quite like the freedom of being out on the open water, chasing one more perfect break.  He missed his chance at the last woman he was interested in.  Now, he's content riding solo.  His entire world exists in the curl.

Until Lo Fredericks.

Lo is fearless, funny, mysterious, and one of the best athletes Brady has ever met.  Her passion for surfing rivals his own and Brady finds himself intoxicated by her thirst to learn and inability to back down.

It doesn't hurt that her kisses are outrageously perfect as well.

Lo only needs three things in life to be happy:  sunshine, surf, and tacos.  Then Brady Samson crashes into her life and takes her on an adventure so addicting and so inspiring, it turns her dreams on their head.

They travel the globe on a dare with only passports and surfboards — a journey of discovery about their sport, themselves, and each other. 

Two wild spirits.  One wild ride.  Can they hold on to the end?

PG16 for language and light heat.



Have you ever read a book and just really connected with it? Known that the book you are reading, at that moment in your life, was meant for you to read it? It just is like the author reached into your soul and pulled out your feelings and somehow managed to turn it all into some beautiful story and put it into words? And I don't mean you connect with the characters, or the storyline. I mean you connect with the raw emotion of the story? That.. THAT is what this book was to me. That is what this book IS to me. 

I highlighted so many passages of the book. Wanting to print them out. Tape them to my desk. Decoupage them so I can look at them every day. I don't know how Heidi conveyed such emotion in this book, but good lord she did and she nailed it. I don't know if it was what she intended to do, or what she set out to do, but I don't think there has ever been a book that just emotionally hit me as hard as this one. The hope . Hope. It's the only word I can think of that even comes close to how this feels for me. But yet, I'm sitting here crying .. and laughing. . and feeling like I'm crazy because a book made me feel hope. Like crazy hope. For love. 

I don't hide the fact that I just finalized a very rough divorce. Prior to that it was a very ugly and toxic relationship. Those things, they make you take ownership of events and things that aren't necessarily your fault. But, as humans, we do that. We take ownership for faults that aren't ours, and in the process we lose hope. We lose hope that love is really meant for us. Maybe, just maybe, we might be that person who is meant to be alone. That was me. #IAmLo. 

I mean this.... these words.. straight through me.


and this.. give me this... it's almost whimsical the way she writes their love story. le sigh...

That's not the only reason I gave this book 5 stars. Heidi always has, and does yet again, deliver a book that is just so damn well rounded. You're never left feeling loose ends, or wishing for more of a happily ever after. You really feel like you got it all. You got everything you needed. She sucked everything out of that storyline and put it on paper and you were just blessed enough to read it while it unfolded. I was lucky enough to feel all of it while I read it. 

I really wish I could sit here and say this book was 5 stars, you should read it. But it really won't convey how good it was or why you should really read it. I mean, you should read it because it was good, and it is worthy of 5 stars. But.. I just really don't think I have a word in my pea brain that would explain why I loved this book so much and think every person every where should read it too.

You're welcome. Now, go buy a copy ;)





Purchase Links:
 Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/1UGg7ym
Amazon US:https://amzn.com/B01GQTS3N4
Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01GQTS3N4
Amazon AU: http://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B01GQTS3N4
iBooks:  http://apple.co/1teLdnG








No comments:

Post a Comment