Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

08 September 2016

❤❤ 5 Star Review - Torn by Carian Cole ❤❤

Torn 
by Carian Cole
 

  

BLURB

He’s loved me since the day I was born.
He’s taken care of me.
He’s awakened me.

Tor. My father’s best friend.
Fifteen years older than me, he’s always been my protector. The one I should never, ever want.
But I was born to be his.

She’s always loved me.
She’s shattered me.
She’s healed me.
Kenzi. My best friend’s daughter.
I held her the day she was born, and I never let go.
She’s forbidden to me. But she’s the only one that really gets me.
We’re slowly being torn apart by everything we love.
Everything we want.
Everything we desire.

And now I want the one thing I can’t have... I want her.  



I don't know where to start. This book, well, it gutted me. From page one I wanted more, I couldn't get enough. Even in the ending, I was thinking "can't this just keep going on"?! Toren is a man to be reckoned with... Long hair, ink, and the bossy as h*ll attitude. Then you got Kenzi trying to prove that she is no longer a child, but a woman, and she knows what she wants. The attraction is forbidden, both try to fight it, but, you can't fight what is meant to be. The struggles they face make you want to reach in to the book, and comfort them, hold them and not let go. In this book, I laughed (because, come on, a sexy biker, he has a filthy tongue sometimes), I cried (because I've been an 18 year old girl, with raw emotion), and I wanted to throw my Kindle (but, I didn't, because I really didn't want to buy a new one). All of Carian's books I've read in a day, because I couldn't stop reading, this one was no different. I fell in love with her writing in book one, and I will continue to read as she continues to write. She has a way of pulling you in, and letting you believe that you aren't reading a fictional story, but, that you're living through the words. I'll leave it with this last note... Ladies, TOREN GRACE is mine, ask Carian, she'll tell you.



BUY LINKS:




 


No comments:

Post a Comment