Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

11 February 2015

❤❤ 4 star review of EMPATHY by KER DUKEY ❤❤

Empathy (Empathy, #1)
Empathy
Ker Dukey

~*~* BLURB *~*~
 
warning!!! This is a dark adult novel with explicit sex and upsetting scenes. 18+ only please. Empathy is a standalone novel. Blake: I am a brother I am a police detective I am a contract killer I don’t want to love I don’t want to feel I don’t want … EMPATHY. They say some people are born with decreased activity in the front central lobe causing them a deficiency in empathy. Maybe that’s true about me but whether I was born this way or created in a moment of evil, empathy was something I didn’t possess until her green eyes met mine in the mirror and I couldn’t take her life. I didn’t want to feel, didn’t want this woman in my life complicating how I lived but she was there at every turn. Sent to haunt me for my sins. Her light so bright she provoked a shadow from everyone she touched. When a job turns bad quickly altering my life forever I’m forced to feel. When nothing is making sense I’m forced to face truths I never would recover from. When life drowns you in its cruelty you don’t know which way the current will drag you or who you’ll become once you re-surface. Melody: I was a daughter I was a student I was a victim Did I have his love? Did I make him feel? Did I have his empathy? When the actions of a soulless killer forces sorrow into my veins I never dreamed the man healing my wounds would be the one to leave the worst scar. His love would scar my soul. Scars are permanent; I will never feel the relief from them. Will I learn to live with them, remember why I have them and learn never to let him close enough to inflict more? Will I eventually cover them… like tattoos coating them with new memories, new love and new starts? I didn’t know these answers because the pain was too suffocating, the only thing I knew was they will always be under the surface lingering. He had scars too, from his sins. There is nothing that can cover them, they were too deep, too ugly, too dark and they marked us both forever
 
 
 
 
Empathy is a 4 star review for me. It is dark and twisted. Very twisted, I did not expect what actually happened, the turn of events. Ker Dukey has thrown a interesting twist onto this story.

This story is about Melody, Blake and Ryan.
Melody is so sweet, a ray of sunshine, until something horribly tragic happened. With the help of Blake she truly became a stronger woman. Blake he is all alpha male, but very dark and cold. He did not have a great up bringing and growing up the way he did turned him that way. That is until he meets Melody. I love the person he turned into. As for Ryan, he is Blake's younger brother. He is darker then Blake. He needs to be used and abused to make him feel anything. He will do anything to make people think he's a cute nice guy, yet deep inside he doesn't feel. I really enjoyed the progression that Ker Dukey wrote to make you really understand the characters.

I really enjoyed the way Ker made you actually think. My brain did not stop wondering what would happen next. This is a love story but with darkness wrapped around it. Be prepared for twists and turns! I am looking forward to reading the second book. Very nice job Ker Dukey!
 

 



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment