Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

17 February 2015

❤❤ RECLAIMED BY RIVER SAVAGE DUAL REVIEW ❤❤

Reclaimed (Knights Rebels MC, #2.5)

RECLAIMED
RIVER SAVAGE
(A Knights Rebels MC Novella 2.5)

~*~* BLURB *~*~
When the woman you love is lost, how hard will you fight to get her back?

Following the birth of her daughter, Kadence Knight finds herself in a battle she never prepared for. With desperation and unhappiness threatening to overwhelm her, a sense of hopelessness pulls her away from the one thing she has always longed for: a family.

As Nix watches his wife struggle with something he doesn't understand, he can't help but feel disconnected to his woman. The Kadence he once knew has drifted into the darkness. In her place is a shadow of the woman she once was, one who is fearful of the impossible...failing their daughter.

This Valentine’s Day, Nix has one goal — to reclaim the woman who gave him everything.



*Please note this is a novella and features the characters from the previous storyline.
The events of Reclaimed take place after Incandescent and Affliction. Book one and two in the Knights Rebels MC.
To get the full advantage of the story, and character development, I strongly suggest you read in order.
  

Dee's Review

I'm going to preface this by saying I've never had or known anyone who's had postpartom depression. So I can't really relate to that aspect of the story. I can relate to the fear and anxiety of being a new mom. hell, even now it's a constant fear I am not doing something right or the best mom out there and my kiddo is four, so that was a part of the story that just struck home. With that being said, I'm glad she wrote this the way she did. I'm glad everything wasn't sunshine and roses for one of our most favorite couples. Let's be honest, the reality is, real life love and a new family is a struggle just as she wrote it. I LOVE that she wrote the reality of it. 

River had some amazing quotes, or lessons, in this book. The most important "love isn't a fight, it's worth fighting for." Fucking truth. What makes it even better in this story, is Nix. Having Nix fight for his family the way he did, was nothing short of beautiful. Having Kadence return to herself was a great journey to follow, a struggle at times because I wanted to shake her out of her stupor, but a great story. Having him next to get while she did it, made it even more amazing to me. Makes me fall in love with his character even more.

River also did a great job of bringing the sass and humor back. I think I could read about our Knights Rebels boys till I was blue in the face 


I give this book 4.5 stars






SERENA'S REVIEW

Gosh what to say about this Novella, it was amazing, I wish it would of been a full novel. Yes I know I'm a greedy woman. I need more Nix!!  If I wasn't in love with Nix before (which I totally was) I am completely in love with him know. You see a whole different side of Nix and Kadence. In Incandescent it was hot and gritty. In Reclaimed you really got to see the softer more emotional side of both Nix and Kadence.

Nix is trying to do what he thinks will help Kadence get through everything she is going through since having Harlow. However Kadence is being so hard on herself that she's not letting anyone in. I wanted to shake her and tell her to just talk to Nix. It breaks my heart to see them not be how they were. Because Nix is well Nix he was able to get through to Kadence by telling her how he was drowning just like her.

What I love is that this book can relate to so many people out there. This book shows that  all you need to do is communicate and trust the person you love when you are at your lowest. Nix and Kadence got through a very tough time and still love fiercely, if not more now that things have happened. River you are amazing. I can not wait to read more about the Knights Rebels.

This is once again another 5+ star review for me. 







No comments:

Post a Comment