Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

01 March 2016

❤❤ FIGHT TO THE FINISH by Jeanette Murray 4 star review ❤❤


Release day March 1, 2016

The author of Against the Ropes takes her First to Fight series another round with a novel of a JAG officer who loses his cool, when love delivers a knockout punch...


Kara is a single mom working hard to keep life running smoothly for herself and her son, but a custody battle is wearing her down. When her friend suggests asking a JAG officer for some unofficial advice, Kara agrees—and soon finds herself officially head over heels...
As a Judge Advocate, Graham has seen his share of nasty custody disputes—and he plans on keeping his distance from this one. But this purposeful, passionate woman has a way of drawing him ever closer to the edge. And when Kara’s ex starts to throw his weight around, Graham will have to choose between toeing the line or stepping into the ring...



******MY REVIEW*******
I really connected to this book. single mom Kara is trying to get by, focusing on her child and keeping him healthy, with only a tiny bit of financial assistance from the dad. all while fighting her feelings for someone. then we gave Graham who is trying to win over both their hearts, while boxing and trying to figure out who's attacking and vandalizing the Marine's boxing team.

I've never read Jeannette before. I was worried coming into the series in book 3 would make it extremely hard to get into or follow, and I'm happy to say I was wrong. while we do have mutual friends between our two characters, it only made me want to read their stories more. it didn't take away from Kara and Graham or make me feel as if I was 10 steps behind.

The storyline was easy to follow and I love love how Jeanette wrote in Zack. he wasn't an after thought, he was the first thing both of our characters thought about. and for a single mom, that makes me heart sing. I loved how Graham included him in a lot of things they did, and made him feel so important. it made me tear up. made me hope someday someone does that for my kid.

I also loved how Jeanette included the boxing. she didn't just say they were on  team or had a match, we actually get to "see" a match or two. and it is kind of awesome how she made sure to include that instead of just making it a fact about the character.

I really connected with this book. I did struggle with some parts, they seemed a little slow moving and drug.out. but overall this was a great read. it had a very real aspect to it. 

I give this 4 stars


~GET YOUR COPY TODAY~
release day March 1, 2016
Amazon US // B&N // Kobo // iBooks

~~OTHER BOOKS IN THE SERIES~~

No comments:

Post a Comment