Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

13 March 2016

❤❤ HAWKE by Sawyer Bennett is LIVE- check out our 3 star review ❤❤



The Carolina Cold Fury hockey team proves that love is a power play. As Sawyer Bennett’s New York Times bestselling series continues, the league’s most notorious party animal gets blindsided by the one that got away.




Off the ice, elite defenseman Hawke Therrien enjoys his fair share of booze and good times. And why shouldn’t he? He’s worked his way up from the minor leagues and made himself a star. The only thing Hawke misses from that life is the pierced, tattooed free spirit who broke his heart without so much as an explanation. She’s almost unrecognizable when she walks back into his life seven years later—except for the look in her eyes that feels like a punch to the gut.



Vale Campbell isn’t the same girl she was at twenty. As crazy as she was about Hawke, her reckless behavior and out-of-control drinking were starting to scare her. She had to clean up her act, and that would never happen with Hawke around. Cutting him loose was the hardest thing Vale ever had to do—until now. Because she’s still crazy about Hawke. And if he could ever learn to forgive her, they just might have a future together. 




I want to say that I loved this book. I want to say that because I adore all this Sawyer Bennett. I think she is one of the most talented authors in the genre. But.. with Hawke, I just can't. I feel like I'm going to burn at the stake for this.. or have nightmares where books attack me. 

I've loved this whole series, I loved everything SB. So I feel like I've cheated on her in some way with not loving this book. And let me tell you, it wasn't the story line. It wasn't the writing. It wasn't the Hero. It's all because of the Heroine. I could not bring myself to like her at all. 

To me, it was pretty obvious why she bailed when she did. It was like I just had a feeling, and when the truth came out I was disappointed. Because I expected better with how in love they were. I expected better from her. And as the story goes, I expected her to have grown up from that; matured, maybe. Again, I felt a little let down. It didn't seem like to me she had. She even said herself that she was holding it against him, yet she continued to do so. To almost punish him for it. It got annoying, really quick. Her quick to react, quick to throw a tantrum, got under my skin. I just.. couldn't anymore. 

I loved Hawke, and of course the rest of the Cold Fury crew. And I adore how Sawyer Bennett writes, normally I can't put them down. but this one..I just... it was nails on a chalk board with that female lead. I'm sorry. I feel like crap writing this, especially because of how much I love all things SB. Just.. ugh. I liked it, it was just last on my list of SB books. Not one I will pick up again, unlike her other novels. I don't want to turn you away, because as you know, everyone loves books differently. I encourage you to pick up. I encourage you to read it and leave me your comments below and let's discuss this!

release day is March 15. 
Pre-order your copy today
Amazon US / B&N / Kobo / iBooks



~~OTHER BOOKS IN THE SERIES~~



No comments:

Post a Comment