Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

07 April 2016

❤❤ CALDWELL BROTHERS by Chelsea Camaron and MJ Fields Series Review ❤❤






My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Hendrix Caldwell wants nothing more than to revitalize the family bar—and tear down every last reminder of his no-good father. But business isn’t the only thing on his mind. An explosive encounter with a stranger at a charity masquerade is just the distraction he craves, with no names and no strings attached. For Hendrix, sex is casual, and love is a four-letter word. His commitment is to his brothers, his bar, and his bike. So why can’t he stop thinking about the naughty Cinderella who rocked his world, then left him—and her panties—behind?



Olivia Hemmingway knows fairytales are for little girls. Drowning in debt and hiding a shameful secret, she won’t be saved by a knight in tattooed armor, no matter how mind-blowing their one-night stand may have been. Olivia never expects to meet her masked lover again. But when she takes a job at Hendrix Caldwell’s bar, her sexy new boss seems all too familiar. And once the lights go out and the music is turned up, the sparks between them burn hotter than ever.





I think it's kind of fitting I'm sitting here wearing a pair of panties that say smarty pants. it's fitting, and a complete coincidence.

I loved the writing duo of MJ fields and Chelsea Camaron. It was absolutely seamless. You couldn't tell where one began and the other stopped. Not only did I love Hendrix, and kind of hate him sometimes too, I kind of love all of the Caldwells.

I love how our characters met. I also love how they figured out what really happened that night and who was who. It was so funny the way she was so confused and pondering for so long.

I also love the way their relationship flowed and progressed. How it was a surprise to both of them, but even more so how much he liked it. I loved how he always brought up consent, after what she had been through. I also love how much they love the kitchen.

And surprise. omg surprise. Daddy. Knowledge is power, is what they say. Maybe not so much in this case.

And the surprise as to why.... so many surprises!

I really really liked this book and can't wait to read about the other brothers.

Consent is fucking required....
Consent is fucking given.

but wait... why did she feel like she was being watched ???

This was a solid 4 star read for me.





 ********************************

My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars




For Morrison Caldwell, life is a game of chance. A high roller with a legendary poker face, he’s the wild card of the family, always chasing the next thrill and never staying put for long. The one place that always lures him back is Las Vegas, with its hot tables and even hotter women. He’s perfectly content to live his life as a series of one-night stands. But when a parking lot confrontation with a cocktail waitress takes a naughty turn, she leaves Morrison aching for another round. 

After a long losing streak in Sin City, Hailey Poe is ready to get lucky. A steamy tryst with a cocky, mysterious stranger is the kind of no-strings encounter she’s been craving . . . until Morrison Caldwell asks for more than she’s willing to offer. But when Hailey’s controlling, soon-to-be ex-husband tries to take her daughter away, she can’t afford to turn down a helping hand. In this winner-takes-all game, Morrison is gambling with Hailey’s life—and her heart.





This was a 4.5 star read for me. From the alpha male in Morrison to the single mom, Hailey, trying to be her strongest and do what's best for her daughter, it all resonated and hit me with the feels. Especially Morrison with Marisa, the little girl. I mean ,pull on my heart -strings- beautiful.

I love the way Mj and Chelsea write together. it's seemless, and I think that's key to any writing duo; you can't tell where one ended and the other picked up. Not only that but they make their men so damn desirable....And so damn noble. Protective. Just all around, swoonworthy and amazing, yet still realistic. 

But I think the thing I liked the most was a different spin on our slogan...

 Consent is fucking required...

I related to this story, craved this story to be my reality someday. So for me, this was a perfect read, a perfect book. From the Vegas drama, to the reason behind it- which, like Hailey, I'm afraid to believe - to Morrison giving her choices, to the heat up my pages intimacy, to the way Morrison is with Marissa. It was just a spectacular book. highly recommended

*arc provided via Netgalley by the publisher for an honest review*




 ****************************************
RELEASE DAY APRIL 12, 2016



Jagger Caldwell is no one’s hero. With a reputation busting heads and breaking hearts on the underground MMA circuit, he lives for easy cash and easier women. But when he stumbles upon an all-too-familiar scene, painful memories awaken Jagger’s sensitive side and compel him to act. As a kid, he stood by helplessly as his old man beat his mom. Now, Jagger won’t let seventeen-year-old Tatiana Rand suffer the same fate. Nothing matters except saving her.

Tatiana is a prisoner in her own home, at the mercy of her violent father—until an unlikely savior bursts through her door and into her life. Six-feet-plus of tattooed muscle and raw power, Jagger is no prince charming—but Tatiana stopped believing in fairy tales long ago. Despite their differences in age and, well, everything else, the sexy bad boy sparks a fire that Tatiana never knew she had—and desires that only Jagger can quench.





And here I thought that Morrison was going to be my favorite Caldwell... I think Jagger may have given him  a run for his money. 

I was a little skeptical at first, with the age our of characters. I mean are things going to start out early or are we going to wait it out. I shouldn't have worried. Of course MJ and CC are going to take care of our ladies and not do anything... sketchy. I'm also not going to lie. I kind of like the waiting game that Jagger had to play with Tatiana. I was not a fan of Jason and the game he was playing with Tatiana though. I know he wasn't technically playing with her, but Jagger. However, still he was using her and I didn't like that. As much as I thought he was redeeming himself, by the end, I suppose he really wasn't, was he? To me, he treated her more like a pawn than a man trying to get redemption for past sins. 

They weren't kidding when they said that baby Caldwell fell hard. And even before he knew it, the rest of the Caldwell Clan knew. But you could just feel it in the way he took care of her, protected her, then later craved and needed her. It was the same for her as well. She needed his protection and safety, then it turned to a different type of need.  An all consuming type of need. All the time. 

I hated the history that our characters shared. While Tatiana lived with the scars on her body, Jagger's were more internal. I wish they would have discussed them more. He could have explained all his tattoos since she loved them so much and she could have explained how she got hers. Almost as a closure to both of them. I also hated the loss that both our characters went through. Well, okay, that Jagger went through. Hated that he had to do it again . Jagger lost alot in this book, but also gained so much more. He lost something, gave up something, and gained something that meant more to him tenfold. 

I think this was a great book. Mj and CC hit the nail on the head again with a great storyline, seemless writing, and an addictive storyline and characters. Jagger may be my new favorite Caldwell. 

This was a 4 star read for me
*arc provided via Netgalley by the publisher for an honest review*





**********************************


 

**********
B&N Links
Hendrix // Morrison // Jagger

**************
Kobo Links
Hendrix // Morrison // Jagger 

**************
iBooks Links
Hendrix //  Morrison // Jagger 


*****************
Google Books
Hendrix // Morrison // Jagger 




No comments:

Post a Comment