Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

06 April 2016

❤❤ TAKE ME HOME TONIGHT by Erika Kelly 3.5 star review ❤❤

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars




A rocker gets a taste of unexpected passion in the latest red-hot Rock Star Romance from the award-winning author of I Want You to Want Me.

Calix Bourbon might seem like a free spirit, but that’s all a front. In reality he’s just trying to keep his fractured family together while working as a session musician. When Blue Fire hires him to replace their keyboardist, Calix is determined to make the most of the opportunity—but he can’t help being distracted by the band’s sexy personal chef.

Mimi’s temporary gig is great, but she has her heart set on auditioning for a televised cooking show. There’s just one problem: she only has a week to acquire the skills necessary to survive the competition. Luckily, the band’s new keyboard player can teach her exactly what she needs, in the kitchen and in the bedroom... 



I've never read this author, she was new to me. I liked her writing style and the storyline. For me, though, it was hit and miss with the delivery. 

First let me start with my biggest issue, Shay. Don't throw an ex at me and not resolve it. I thought the issue was handled by Calix in the beginning but she just kept popping up. Then the beach, the hospital, the backyard. But no matter how much having her around hurt Mimi, it wasn't addressed or resolved with anything other than an I'm sorry. That was a pretty big hit between the hospital and backyard..and I'm sorry, I'm sorry, wasn't enough for me. Mimi spoke her mind and was vocal about everything and I really needed this handled. Handled, more. **miss**

Second, his mom. Having her come back, out of her shell, literally brought tears to my eyes. Erica did it perfectly. It wasn't immediate, it was gradual, it was realistic.  **hit**

Calix. I'm sorry but saying he fucked up is putting it mildly. and it wasn't just once. It was continuous hot and cold, mess up after mess up.. this was the rest of the hit and miss part for me. If you're going to give me a man who messes up as bad as he did, I need more than coffee, texts and showing up. I just needed more from him as a way to show he was sorry. His words didn't do it for me, and his actions weren't enough. I needed him to really make the grand gestures to make up for the disappointment, and I don't know that I got that.

 Now, their interactions together were hot and I love what Mimi did for him and his family.. and I will admit when we discussed Hopper, my eyes may have been leaking a little. But it still didn't cover his dick moves...

So while it may have been hit or miss, I still liked it and was glad to be introduced to a new author. 
a 3.5 star read for me 





~GET YOUR COPY TODAY~
Amazon US // B&N // Kobo // Google Books // iBooks



~~THE SERIES~~

No comments:

Post a Comment