Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

04 November 2015

❤❤ Dee's review of REAPER'S FALL by Joanna Wylde ❤❤


He never meant to hurt her.



Levi “Painter” Brooks was nothing before he joined the Reapers motorcycle club. The day he patched in, they became his brothers and his life. All they asked in return was a strong arm and unconditional loyalty—a loyalty that’s tested when he’s caught and sentenced to prison for a crime committed on their behalf.

Melanie Tucker may have had a rough start, but along the way she’s learned to fight for her future. She’s escaped from hell and started a new life, yet every night she dreams of a biker whose touch she can’t forget. It all started out so innocently—just a series of letters to a lonely man in prison. Friendly. Harmless. Safe.

Now Painter Brooks is coming home… and Melanie’s about to learn that there’s no room for innocence in the Reapers MC.




Oh dear. Melanie. Sweet Melanie. I feel so many things right now. I feel like we got to watch this character grow up so much through this book. To me it felt like her backbone and maturity level grew exponentially from beginning to end. I felt like each time she stood up for herself I wanted to fist pump the air. And every time someone tried to push her around when it came to painter, I wanted to put her in a sound proof bubble. It was like everyone was against him. No one thought he would be able to do monogamy. No one thought he'd have feelings for her. Well, he showed them. 

And Painter. Man did he put me through the ringer on this one. Love. Hate. Love. Hate. Wanna smack you with an iron skillet. Love. Sometimes I just didn't know what the hell he was thinking. But at least he never once touched another woman when on assignment. 

But ... Speaking of other women. What ever happened to that lady agent with the hardon for the Reapers? Where did she go? She got what she wanted, put Painter back, then we never heard about her again. 


Joanna gave us plenty of heartbreak. Anger. Sssssssssteam. Sassy. Fear. Sadness. Fun. And in a weird way, pride. I ended up feeling damn proud of these two characters and who they had become by the end. 

My only wish was that we could've had more of their HEA. Not just this is their future. I wanted to see how they got there. They go through the mud, I wanna see them in the sun. I want to see the aftermath. The good stuff. I felt like we deserved it. 

Reapers Fall is another smooth, well written, effortless read from JoWylde. Her writing is nothing short of addicting.


A definite 5 star read for me!


~~GET YOUR COPY TODAY!~~



REAPER'S FALL is published by Berkley Pusblishing. You can find out more about Berkley on their website and facebook page!


No comments:

Post a Comment