Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

17 June 2016

❤❤ LACES AND LACE by Toni Aleo audiobook review ❤❤

NEW YORKS TIMES AND USA TODAY BEST SELLING AUTHOR TONI ALEO PRESENTS THE NEXT INSTALLMENT IN THE ASSASSINS SERIES





Laces and Lace

Nine years ago, things were perfect. Lacey and Karson had found their happily ever after in each other…or so they thought. How do two people who were meant to be move on from that once-in-a-lifetime love?

Lacey has a strength inside her that comes alive with the things she’s most passionate about. She’s a fighter, a survivor, and has everything she’s ever wanted but the one thing that matters most—love.

Karson is doing the one thing he loves most—playing hockey for the Assassins, yet he knows regret. He knows his life has been missing the one thing he walked away from so many years ago—Lacey.

Nine years later, and neither has been able to succeed in moving on from what was, what could have been, and who each of their hearts still beats for. When a chance encounter during a fateful night has their paths crossing again, will the tether still attaching their souls allow them to face the past, present, and a possible future?

Can two people with fate on their side find a way back to each other? Overcome all the obstacles in their way to finally live life together to the fullest?

Or will they let those around them and the circumstances they face, along with questions and doubt, ruin a second chance at the life they both deserve?

Laces and Lace includes the prequel Tangled in the Laces, a dollar of your purchase will be donated to the Nashville Predators Foundation. 







I've never read Toni before, and I haven't listened to an audio by this narrator either. So it was a first for me on both fronts. 

the story line in this novel was just absolutely captivating. i was painting a bedroom while listening and any time i had to leave the room, i made sure i took my phone with me. i didn't want to miss a second of what was happening. i loved the story, but i also found myself getting extremely extremely frustrated with Lacey. Between listening to her dad and Rachel all the time, and her declining faith in her relationship, I felt like i wanted to jump in the story and shake her. It started to really get on my nerves by the end of the book. Now what it came to her husband and his devotion to her, each time something happened, it made me love his character even more. LOVE HIM ..he was the ideal book boyfriend. At the end, I found myself still really hating Rachel. I don't care why she did what she did or what she thought, I still really hated her. I started off loving her, and throughout the book my feelings for her , and the father, changed drastically. By the end, I severely hated them both.

Toni definitely heated up the sheets, or speakers in my case, with this book. Lord have mercy could that man put it down. And his love for her, the way he didn't see the things she did. He saw the beauty in her, even when she couldn't, made it so much more spectacular. What Lacey did, what she fought, how she fought back for others, how she helped so many, was nothing short of inspirational. Kudos to Toni for not just making it something she overcame, but made it realistic of something she faces every day and has to constantly battle. But also kudos for how she made something so tragic, so beautiful with tattoos. 

I really liked the narrator too. She did a great job of bringing all our characters to life.

4.5 stars for me

~~GET YOUR COPY TODAY~~
Audible // Kindle  // B&N // Kobo // iBooks 

No comments:

Post a Comment