Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

22 June 2016

❤❤The Billionaire Bachelor by Jessica Lemmon 4 Star Review❤❤

My Rating:  4 out of 5
Indecent Proposal


Manwhore. That's what the board of directors-and the tabloids-thinks of billionaire bachelor Reese Crane. Ordinarily he couldn't care less, but his playboy past is preventing the board from naming him CEO of Crane Hotels. Nothing-and no one-will keep him from his life's legacy. They want a settled man to lead the company? Then that's exactly what he'll give them.

Merina Van Heusen will do anything to get her parents' funky boutique hotel back-even marry cold-as-ice-but-sexy-as-hell Reese Crane. It's a simple business contract-six months of marriage, absolute secrecy, and the Van Heusen is all hers again. But when sparks fly between them, their passion quickly moves from the boardroom to the bedroom. And soon Merina is living her worst nightmare: falling in love with her husband . . .

Hotness Rating 3 out of 5

When it comes to the whole Billionaire Bachelor or pretend marriage for the sake of a common goal trope I am not a huge fan. The stories often come off cheesy and bland. To be honest, I only gave this book a chance because I've always loved Jessica Lemmon and wanted to give her a shot. I am so glad I did. I loved The Billionaire Bachelor. This first book of the Billionaire Bad Boys series made me laugh out loud so many times. Not to mention the spicy romance and entertaining story line. I don't know how she did it, but Ms. Lemmon made me a fan of her version of the billionaire bachelor storyline and I'm looking forward to reading more in this series.

Reese Crane is every stereotype you have ever thought of when you think sexy, young, uber-rich single guy with the world at his fingertips. He's cold and ruthless when it comes to getting what he wants. He discards women without a second thought. He's driven in business and willing to do anything he has to to achieve his goals. Case in point Merina Van Heusen. 

Merina is sentimental and nostalgic. That doesn't take away from her drive to succeed but she does it with a much softer, more personal approach. So, when she finds out that her beloved hotel has fallen into the hands of the evil Crane family's hands, specifically Reese Crane, she will do anything to save her legacy. 

The whole relationship between Reese and Merina starts as a way for Reese to show the board that he's settled down and deserves the top position at Crane Hotels now that his dad is retiring. You immediately think this is going to be the same old story with just a nuance of difference. But, it's not. Reese has so much depth as a character. I loved his sexy side, but I think I loved his humorous side even better. Ms. Lemmon touched on a dark side to Reese, but thank goodness didn't beat this into the ground. He was loyal to his family and yes a little damaged, but when he lost himself in Merina it was fantastic! Merina balanced Reese beautifully. She went into their agreement hesitantly and not happy about it, but when she was in she was in. I loved her wit and ability to be honest in all situations. I loved that she didn't play games and was up front about what she wanted and what she needed. 

All in all, this was a homerun for me. I can not wait to read more about the Crane brothers and see what this series has to offer.

This is 4 Star read for me
Get your copy
Amazon US // B&N // Kobo // iBooks // Google Books




No comments:

Post a Comment