Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

21 June 2016

❤❤Melting the Ice by Jaci Burton 3 Star Review❤❤

My Rating:  3 out of 5
Body Check

Everything’s coming together for budding fashion designer Carolina Preston. Only months away from having her own line, she could use some publicity. That’s when her brother suggests his best friend as a model - hockey player Drew Hogan.

Carolina and Drew already have a history - a hot one, back in college. Unforgettable for Carolina, but for Drew, just another slap shot. This time, though, it’s different. His perfect body would be for professional use only. This time, she could use him.

Drew is all for it. He’s looking forward to the exposure. Plus, it would give him a chance to prove to Carolina that he’s changed. If only he could thaw her emotions, convince her to let down her guard and let him in just one more time...

Hotness Rating 3 out of 5

Melting the Ice is just plain old fun to read. Where this 7th book of the Play by Play series by Jaci Burton may have lacked a little from what I've come to love of this series it made up for in witty antics from the male protagonist and some really heartwarming moments.

Carolina had history with Drew and she just couldn't let it go. I get it. A man takes your virginity (although she did willingly and enthusiastically offer it up) and then walks away it's going to sting. Probably for a long, long time. And when he's the best friend of your brother which means your paths are going to cross more than normal it makes it that much harder.

Drew entertained me a lot! He knew he screwed up with Carolina and really had no excuse other than he was young, stupid and just starting out in a career that was promising him great things. Now, that he's finally settled into life he just can't seem to quit thinking about Carolina and wants to explore things more. I loved how he didn't make up any excuses. He laid it out there for Carolina and basically said this is what I did then. This is what I am now. Can we please move on?

I really appreciate how grown up Carolina was about everything. After having it laid out there she did move on and didn't continue to punish Drew for the sins of the past. Although, she did reserve her trust of forever and I totally got that. I admire her restraint in not making him pay for some of the crap he pulled in the present though. When the man basically stopped taking my calls and went from I can't get enough of you to meh, we'll chat when I have time I would've been a little less forgiving. He did come through in the end as every good contemporary romance hero should.

Bottom line: there were times where I didn't necessarily feel a connection between the characters. Or maybe it was Drew's lack of stick-with-it that got to me. But, I felt like the romance was missing a little something. That being said both characters were truly good people and a joy to read. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone that loves Jaci Burton or a good sports romance.

A 3 Star Review for me

Get your copy

No comments:

Post a Comment