Netgalley Top Reviewer

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge 200 Book Reviews #BookAdvocatesUnite

03 June 2016

❤❤ PERFECTLY IMPERFECT by Harper Sloan Audio review ❤❤

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Mirror, mirror … who’s the fairest of them all?

I still cringe when I hear that line. A fairy tale that had girls pretending they were the fairest, the most beautiful, and the most entitled. A fairy tale most couldn’t grow out of turned my haunted childhood memories into a living nightmare. Girls who grew up believing that pile of garbage became the meanest of all ‘mean girls.’

And those mean girls were right – it was a line meant for all the beautiful people in the world – and I knew the answer would never be me.

The women with long legs, flat stomachs, and perfect chests.

The type of women Kane Masters gravitated toward.

Well, that’s definitely not Willow Tate.

No. That will never be me.

Because I’m completely imperfect.

And … I hate myself.

I have no idea what Kane could possibly see in someone like me when he could have them.




It's been a long time since a book really hit home with me. I mean, like the words hit home, the scenario hit home, my reality was so closely related to the plotline. Not the whole story, but the start felt like it was my story. I think that this could be any woman's story. 

I think this might be part of the reason why I loved this book so much- the struggle to love yourself. The struggle to erect barrier and not let someone else's words effect your self esteem. The struggle to find beauty in every aspect of yourself. To find that you can't love someone else without loving yourself. And yes, I realize this sounds like a self help book, and in reality it kind of was a self help book woven into a beautiful love story. A love story full of drama, fear, strength, perseverance, fighting for what you want, surprising turns. Kind of like a two-for-one book. I did really love this, everything about it. I loved the way Harper delivered this story and positive message behind it.

Now, if you add in the fact that Zachary Webber is narrating.. and I all but fell in love with this audio. The cherry on top was that Shirl Rae, who  is another amazing narrator, was also narrating this. Putting these two together really brought the story to life. It made it feel like I was listening to a play happen. Their intonation really made everything feel so realistic. It was absolutely fabulous! I feel like this is one of those books, or audios, where you want to rave about it to every.single.person. you know. every.single.one. That is how good this is. 

#IAMWILLOW


~~GET YOUR COPY TODAY. LIKE RIGHT NOW~~
iBooks // Kobo // B&N // Kindle  // Audio 


No comments:

Post a Comment